gradual transparency method

Started by Dune, June 18, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Very interesting thread! WAS, maybe you could share your file? Looks fantastic!

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 23, 2018, 08:03:31 AM
WASasquatch your examples are great! I think Ulco shared a cloud column file long ago that would convert nicely to flames or smoke with little tweaks. It uses a SSS too.
Thanks for the input on those card objects, all. I have used the shattered rock with glass shader for flames also, making the rock more egg shaped (double y value to x&z) That can add some embers in you fire bed. Pops of small fake stones floating around are doable too.

Thanks, the original firepit I made has a nice little pile of coals and embers. I'll setup a scene for sharing.

WAS

Alright I uploaded an example flames, and Dune, there are several edits to this setup that may improve look for your final scenes, especially in Flame colouring, which uses a new method for realism.

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24664.msg250711.html#msg250711

Dune

Thanks for your input, WAS, but as said in your sharing post; I won't be using your specific setup due to its demand for rendertime. And also because I won't use stuff that's restricting me; a lot of my work is not just for private means. So I prefer my own devices. But the setup is nicely done, and gives very believable flames. I too look forward to what people do with it.