Voronoi Breakup Clouds

Started by WAS, June 18, 2018, 12:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Just playing around with voronoi and clouds.

DocCharly65

WAS

Cirrus-Cirrocumulus transition clouds. Setup is controllable by a single "cirrus" PF cloud density (as far as seed and shape), though tons of customization can be done with the voronoi breakup internal node network. I'll post a file share when I think it's polished. They are 2D for speed. I wanted to test with v3 but it slows down so much due to the lack of density.

How do these look? Threw in a test image with the voronoi cloud shader plugged into a default v3 cloud layer (last image).

DocCharly65

Most interesting! And cool samples!

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Following in awe. Thanks for the step by step and I am waiting for the shares, though I have so many now, don't know when I can try them. Saving them for when I get motivated again. :)

New diagnosis: high blood pressure and cataracts.....who knew, and no wonder....

WAS

Desperately trying to figure out how to prevent the blur spots in the breakup with 2D clouds. I am assuming it's density of the cloud but couldn't clamp it out or colour adjust it so they don't show. Either it will be too subtle for the voronoi breakup to work or there is dense "spots" that look blue and solid/blurred.

mhaze