Grand Oasis WIP

Started by WAS, June 22, 2018, 01:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Was playing around with  negative values on a multi fractals buoyancy and noticed it is a good base for canyons, so I slapped in a strata and erosion, and than played with some separate displacement on lateral based on a inverted deposition map.

Not happy with the populations but I'm limited to 3, and not sure what to do with the last. Want to refine the density locations, namely keeping them near the "greenzone". Quick models from sketchfab. Tall palm and cycas revoluta.

Number 2 I have added little better veggie colour map under the object pops, but messed up my Cycas colours. Fixed that and doing a higher GI render overnight.

WAS

Some post work and higher GI.  I put a 1000m hole in the center of the lake to act as a sinote type spring opening, but the volumetrics seem to mask it entirely out, even though it's 350m by 350m.

Oshyan

Man, I love the terrain here.

- Oshyan

J_Con

Nice work.Looks very natural. Reminds me of WW2 for some reason.North Africa.

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on June 22, 2018, 04:53:03 PM
Man, I love the terrain here.

- Oshyan

Thank you, I'm decently pleased with how it came out too. Not sure if a product of the lateral erosion displacement or the interesting effect of negative buoyancy values adding to the erosion. Will have to make another basic scene to share.

DocCharly65

Wow, that's a nice oasis! Cool effects on the slopes!

bobbystahr

Brilliant idea, very original thinking there...must try this myself...thanks for sharing the image and idea!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Interesting idea and a great result.