Error 135 ?

Started by bla bla 2, June 18, 2018, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Why it error ?  :o

It's when I import an object and as soon as I re-open the file, that I lose all my given object.

C'est quand j'importe un objet et dès que je re-ouvre le fichier, que je perd tous mes donné de l'objet.

please help.. :(

WAS

Quote from: bla bla 2 on June 18, 2018, 04:16:09 PM
Why it error ?  :o

It's when I import an object and as soon as I re-open the file, that I lose all my given object.

C'est quand j'importe un objet et dès que je re-ouvre le fichier, que je perd tous mes donné de l'objet.

please help.. :(

Check line 135 for invalid characters, like special encoded characters (maybe from French language?)

archonforest

Open the tgd file in notepad++ and there u will be able to locate the line u need with ease.

In u don't have that program then u can also pull the tgd file into excel. There u can also see line 136 as excel will number each line. Then open the tgd in the regular notepad and locate that line. See if u got any accented characters or something. Delete that and most probably TG will open it without error.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

ajcgi

Is the object on your computer or on a network drive?

bla bla 2

It comes from there.

WAS

Yeah that is not a valid name convention for TG and probably got scrambled in encoding. Make sure the path is in plain characters, no special accent characters or anything.

bla bla 2

I reinstall Terragen and I have another problem ....

J'ai Re-installer Terragen et j'ai un autre problème....

Oshyan

It looks like you are probably using non-English characters due to your operating system setup. This caused the original error, and may also be causing your more recent error. Either that or it is a permissions issue. The shortcut issue is not a Terragen error though, it is to do with the installer process.

- Oshyan

WAS

Does your username within Windows also contain a special character? That would make the path to the desktop invalid for TG.

Oshyan, do you know what unicode encoding TG uses? It would help narrow down a list of invalid characters for bla bla.

Oshyan

*Any* non-English (e.g. accented) character would be non-valid for TG at present.

- Oshyan

bla bla 2

Otherwise, I have a rather barbaric method. I deleted the temporary render names.
And then, I saved the file and after, I went into the preferences, and load the file I created in startup.
And, that's working now.

But in fact I have this problem for some file link path that must not appeal to terragen, it started from the last two versions of terragen and I find it weird that it works more...

But as you told me Oshyan, it must be my windows must be in French language, yet before it worked well ...

Sinon, j'ai fais une méthode assez barbare. J'ai supprimé les noms de render temporaire. Et ensuite, j'ai sauvegardé le fichier et après je suis allé dans les préférences, et charger le fichier que j'ai crée dans startup. Et, ça à l'aire de fonctionner maintenant.

Mais en faites j'ai ce problème pour certains chemin de lien de fichier qui doit pas plaire à terragen, ça à commencer depuis les deux dernières versions de terragen et je trouve cela bizarre que ça fonctionne plus...

Mais comme tu m'as dit Oshyan, ca doit être mon windows qui doit être en langage français, pourtant avant ça marchait bien...

WAS

Quote from: bla bla 2 on June 20, 2018, 12:38:19 PM
Otherwise, I have a rather barbaric method. I deleted the temporary render names.
And then, I saved the file and after, I went into the preferences, and load the file I created in startup.
And, that's working now.

But in fact I have this problem for some file link path that must not appeal to terragen, it started from the last two versions of terragen and I find it weird that it works more...

But as you told me Oshyan, it must be my windows must be in French language, yet before it worked well ...

Sinon, j'ai fais une méthode assez barbare. J'ai supprimé les noms de render temporaire. Et ensuite, j'ai sauvegardé le fichier et après je suis allé dans les préférences, et charger le fichier que j'ai crée dans startup. Et, ça à l'aire de fonctionner maintenant.

Mais en faites j'ai ce problème pour certains chemin de lien de fichier qui doit pas plaire à terragen, ça à commencer depuis les deux dernières versions de terragen et je trouve cela bizarre que ça fonctionne plus...

Mais comme tu m'as dit Oshyan, ca doit être mon windows qui doit être en langage français, pourtant avant ça marchait bien...

Is your username on Windows contain accents? Just be sure no special characters are used with TG files you save and related folders, as well as your system username.

bla bla 2

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 20, 2018, 12:50:45 PM
And, that's working now.

Is your username on Windows contain accents? Just be sure no special characters are used with TG files you save and related folders, as well as your system username.

No, aucun accents sur mes fichiers.

No, no accents on my files.

WAS

Quote from: bla bla 2 on June 21, 2018, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on June 20, 2018, 12:50:45 PM
And, that's working now.

No, aucun accents sur mes fichiers.

No, no accents on my files.

Hmm there is no reason that the installation program would not find the desktop, as the path should be all plain English accept your username.

I would suggest running "chkdsk C: /r" in admin command prompt, followed by "sfc /scannow". If that doesn't solve the issue you may need to backup and reformat your PC. This will first make sure the file system is not damaged, and all sectors OK, followed by scanning system files for broken/corrupted files and replacing them.

Matt

Quote from: bla bla 2 on June 19, 2018, 12:51:03 PM
I reinstall Terragen and I have another problem ....

J'ai Re-installer Terragen et j'ai un autre problème....

Which version were you installing? Do you have an older version that you can try, so we can decide if it is a problem with new versions only?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.