Jon's Clouds by Blobs

Started by Dune, August 17, 2022, 09:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

This is a very basic way to make clouds by blue blobs. Jon West (Hetzen) gave me the node setup some years ago, and now his kind permission to share. So all credits go to him!

You can add (many) more blobs if you like. Beware (of course) that the blobs should stay within the total cloud height and level, especially if you check 'taper top and base'. For some really big thundering clouds they should be miles away and a lot higher. This is just a local one.

Have fun!

Hannes

Very cool!!!
Thanks a lot, and of course thanks to Jon!!

Stormlord

Thank you for sharing Dune!
(Even if I do not really understand how it works... shame on me...)

STORMLORD

pixelpusher636

Ahh! It's an early Christmas here on the forums thanks to you and Hetzen! Thanks for sharing Dune.
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

I'm looking forward to your renders with this. Dirk; it's in fact a way to set a point in space with a sphere around it with a certain hard boundary, plus a variable grey zone, sort of like a smooth step (I think). The outer zone then has a PF to vary the density, and the settings need to be pretty subtle, or you'll get a hard edge. Hence my mentioning its fickleness. You can also warp this setup within a certain limit, btw. Any improvements of you wizzkids are welcome of course ;)
Play with the top few blue nodes and you'll discover its workings.

Stormlord

Thank you for your further explanation Ulco :-)

STORMLORD