Cirrus-Cirrocumulus Clouds

Started by WAS, June 20, 2018, 05:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

This is a Cirrocumulus setup with Cirrus spread. I decided to ditch the voronoi noise base as it was just too, well, noticeably voronoi, and presented a couple other issues. However I will attach a clip of the noise shader in a surface shader.

These setups used basic Perlin Billows to create the Cirrocumulus layer. The locations are based on the Cirrus density adjustment. Cirrus spread density is based on the Coverage Adjust in the the cloud layer.

As a note, Cirrus, and Cirrocumulus and subsequent mixes are high altitude cloud sets. These are based on clouds common here in Puget Sound region due to our convergence zone. North and South weather mixes in our region, as well as trade winds and weather from the west over the Pacific. It's sorta why our area is know for storms and rain.

Dune

If using the 'normal' voronoi noise, instead of the blue nodes, they may be less noticably voronoi as you can set the noise octaves higher. And you can always mix with some perlin or billows. Nice clouds, btw.

mhaze

Thankyou, a very generous share. :)

pokoy

These look great, thanks for sharing!

WAS

Quote from: Dune on June 21, 2018, 01:42:39 AM
If using the 'normal' voronoi noise, instead of the blue nodes, they may be less noticably voronoi as you can set the noise octaves higher. And you can always mix with some perlin or billows. Nice clouds, btw.

The original voronoi noise is technically perlin noises just one masked by voronoi diff scalar. There was also a issue besides look where for some reason the colour when masking would turn up super thick dense spots in the clouds which would look odd, especially at a distance. From 2D cloud density Im assuming.  I also did voronoi noise on a PF but wasn't liking the look of the separation over perlin billows.

Also thanks everyone. Hope they are useful at some point.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

pclavett

Thanks yet again for the shares !
Paul

Stormlord

Ariel DK

Your "Voronoi" shader was extremely useful!!! I used it as a depth modulator for image-based clouds, thank you for share this one! :)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

WAS

Wow, already 4 years ago? Doesn't seem that long, I was just thinking about how I should come back to this. Also whoa on the downloads. Usually less for this age. Skies I guess, huh? Lol