New live Terragen training event

Started by Digital Art Live, June 28, 2018, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Art Live

Hi all,

At the beginning of 2013 my company hosted a weekend conference just for Terragen and Terragen 2 users and indeed the original link  https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15342.0.html (see in the sticky posts above) for that is still present.

The conference was a series of live webinars where four different presenters shared their desktops and helped educate other users. We had topics including the user interface node network, scene building, a clouds tutorial and one artist talking about using Terragen on a commercial basis.

I would like to see if we could organise a similar event, where we might have one or more webinars during one weekend. Digital Art Live can provide the resources for setting up the event and management for everyone involved. Since we have also have a monthly digital arts magazine, we could even have a special focus on Terragen.

Here's one example of our mag where we interviewed Oshyan on Terragen 4.1

https://issuu.com/tosk/docs/digital_art_live_issue_23

The proviso is to collect together one or more artists that are willing to present some material in a live setting. 

So if you are an artist that has a good knowledge of Terragen, have a fairly good broadband connection (at least 4MB "up" speed) and a microphone, then please get in touch!

Let me know what you might like to see in a live Terragen webinar event - what topics about Terragen would be best unpacked and explained by interactive training?

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live
digitalartlive.com
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

WAS

This sounds great. Would love to view some people's examples. I'd offer tutorials with clouds or texturing but I don't think my 4G connection will be stable enough, even with 5mbps up it has latency issues.

Digital Art Live

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 28, 2018, 10:50:48 AM
Nice! Congrats!
Thanks for your interest/support luvsmuzik. What would you like to see explained a little better in Terragen?
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Digital Art Live

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 28, 2018, 12:56:40 PM
This sounds great. Would love to view some people's examples. I'd offer tutorials with clouds or texturing but I don't think my 4G connection will be stable enough, even with 5mbps up it has latency issues.
Thanks for your comments. Perhaps it's something we can test as an experiment? The webinar software I use has been fairly forgiving on bandwidth so far and it could be an interesting test on how it handles some latency.
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

archonforest

This is a great idea. Would not be able to see it live but if u guys want to sell the final video I would be interested.

My interest would be: how to create nice rocks using fake stones and how to create power fractal rocky surfaces.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Digital Art Live

This was our teaser for the 2013 Terralive webinar conference (one of our first):-

https://youtu.be/P06oaBvs2yc

Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

gao_jian11

stand by! Although I do not understand English.

ajcgi

Hey this'd be really cool. I remember the last one. It was really cold, my heating was broken, so I was wearing a hat and scarf indoors.  8)
Those doing presentations and tutorials were interesting. It really helped. I made loads of notes. :D
Not sure what I could bring to the table, but certainly been doing a lot of TG work for TV these past few years.

mhaze

Definitely interested - some blue node tuts would be really helpful!

Digital Art Live

Quote from: archonforest on June 28, 2018, 05:06:41 PM
This is a great idea. Would not be able to see it live but if u guys want to sell the final video I would be interested.

My interest would be: how to create nice rocks using fake stones and how to create power fractal rocky surfaces.

Thanks for the topic suggestion! The "power fractal rocky surfaces" sounds interesting.
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Digital Art Live

Quote from: ajcgi on June 29, 2018, 06:09:32 AM
Hey this'd be really cool. I remember the last one. It was really cold, my heating was broken, so I was wearing a hat and scarf indoors.  8)
Those doing presentations and tutorials were interesting. It really helped. I made loads of notes. :D
Not sure what I could bring to the table, but certainly been doing a lot of TG work for TV these past few years.

Good story (glad you got through that winter) and and glad you found those tutorials useful. Was your TV work animation or background illustrative renders?
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Agura Nata

Sounds good Paul!
Although I am an artist, but our internet connection is very slow. My works are surreal and abstract.
I often tell little stories about my works that are mostly about fractal worlds and their energy:
https://www.deviantart.com/agura-nata/art/Orakum-the-stone-ship-749231753
For me, all the functions of TG are of interest, as I like to experiment and design new abstract works.

Cheers Alois

"Live and Learn!"

ajcgi

Quote from: Digital Art Live on June 29, 2018, 05:17:29 PM
Good story (glad you got through that winter) and and glad you found those tutorials useful. Was your TV work animation or background illustrative renders?

Bit of both. Set extensions of foreign worlds, views of planets from space, the occasional timelapse. Much of it moves, but a lot of it I've faked camera moves over high res stills for the sake of saving time. It's amazing how distracting a moving lens flare can be... ;)

Digital Art Live

Quote from: Dragonfire on June 30, 2018, 02:15:30 AM
Sounds good Paul!
Although I am an artist, but our internet connection is very slow. My works are surreal and abstract.
I often tell little stories about my works that are mostly about fractal worlds and their energy:
https://www.deviantart.com/agura-nata/art/Orakum-the-stone-ship-749231753
For me, all the functions of TG are of interest, as I like to experiment and design new abstract works.

Cheers Alois

Thanks for your interest in the webinar idea. BTW I really like some of your work in your DA gallery. I'm going to have a word with our magazine editor to see the possibility of featuring your work in our magazine. Message me if you'd be interested in that.
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com