Toz (Dust) frames

Started by Kadri, July 01, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Kadri

And two black and white doodles.

Dune

As stills they are very dramatic too. beautiful work! I was just thinking that a subtle (only seen if you look carefully) space cowboy would have been an idea to add; one of the workers that didn't survive and floats with the debris for eternity.....

WAS

Still loving this, that debris object is really cool too. Would look cool "crashed" in a desert scene.

Clay

Hannes

Amazing stuff! Impressive!

Kadri

Thanks all.

Jordan i might use this objects on other scenes too maybe.

Ulco i tried to incorporate a human-astronaut figure actually. The main reason i didn't used it was, when it was small you couldn't see it (motion blur mostly) and when i used it bigger the station-wreck looked smaller. I could have floating it in the same direction as the camera etc. and still use it maybe but rerendering etc. ;) just looked Ok as it is.

This is one from the test renders near the end of the animation.

luvsmuzik

That last render with astronaut is certainly haunting. An entire new set up of camera would be well worth the effort. What is your render time for this length anim? Days...weeks? So difficult to give up our work stations for renders. :)

Kadri

Actually it would have taken only 1-2 days more probably(with the above look). But after 3 weeks or so i had it enough.
I asked around how it feels, look and there was a mixed reaction too ( i wasn't sure too).
Because there are always that kind of "watching the scene guy" scenes that i like too but is easy to look cheesy :)

archonforest

awesome stuff Kadri! Love it!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

sboerner

Beautiful images. The stills work as well as the animation – this way there is more time to admire the detail.

I'm very curious about the models. Were they built as is, or were they built as complete structures and then digitally exploded?

Kadri

Thanks all.

Quote from: sboerner on July 02, 2018, 05:05:02 PM
I'm very curious about the models. Were they built as is, or were they built as complete structures and then digitally exploded?

First i changed and deleted different parts from a part of the free ISS 3d object (i don't like modeling).
This was the base as you see below.

I made all the other parts with directed greebling (is there such a word?) and duplicated etc. everything the way i wanted the look and manually deleted, distorted the objects in the end.
All of the objects are different from each other.

I tried automatic fracturing (in Lightwave) but on less detailed objects it didn't look nice to me and on detailed objects it took too long.
So manual building the look of the objects was the better option for me in this case.