Green field 2

Started by archonforest, July 03, 2018, 02:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

I was working on this picture when my friend came by to show me his new character(the soldier). Since he brought an .obj format I dropped him into this scene to test it. I liked it so put a car and some helicopters. C and C are welcome.

By the way this solder is part of a game that my friend is doing. I told him that I will do the main menu screen in Terragen when he gives me the rest of the characters. :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Sergeant Teddy isn't amused by the sight seeing. :D

archonforest

Thx Kadri.

Actually he is not very afraid. The modeller told me he is a tough guy :D

Dune

Vegetation is pretty cool, very natural, but for the dark central tree; that may have some color variation, IMO. And there's a strange blurriness in the render  ???

archonforest

Thx Dune. Yes u are right about the middle trees. I saw them before but forgot to handle for some reason. I will fix them or replace. The render got low AA and perhaps that is the problem. I will run it through on my faster PC with higher AA.

Also wondering if soft shadows will do anything good here. I remember seeing in a post that it can help when u have lots of grass and stuff but not sure if I remember correctly.

Otherwise forgot again to credit...  I am using here Dune's base grass and Heather models. Big thanks for both! Great models. ;)

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Nice, I look forward to seeing a higher res version as this is very nicely composed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I thought I recognized that heather  ;) Soft shadows won't do much with all the veggies, but you could try a crop and see the difference. You might as well lower samples to 5 (I often do).

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on July 05, 2018, 02:33:24 AM
I thought I recognized that heather  ;) Soft shadows won't do much with all the veggies, but you could try a crop and see the difference. You might as well lower samples to 5 (I often do).

Sorry Ulco what samples u mentioning?

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on July 05, 2018, 02:40:31 AM
Quote from: Dune on July 05, 2018, 02:33:24 AM

Sorry Ulco what samples u mentioning?

He was referring to the Soft Shadow samples Atilla
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

The blur does seem a bit strong, not sure if that's really related to AA? But it looks good on the vegetation mixing bits, when different depths of veggies are contrasting. If only you could isolate similar on certain areas. Almost like a film effect from motion.

archonforest

Thanx bobby.

Not sure about the blur stuff...
I will re-render the scene tonight in HD and lets see the outcome...