Water Torrent ?

Started by bla bla 2, July 03, 2018, 03:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Good evening, I have a place where I block to make my torrent in this rendering.
The torrent follows too much ground, whereas I would like is to put computeterrain, which follows that the descent of the field and not the sides of the field.

How can I do ?

Bonsoir, j'ai un endroit où je bloque pour faire mon torrent dans ce rendu.
Le torrent suit trop le terrain, alors que je voudrais, c'est de mettre computeterrain, qui fait suivre que la descente du terrain et non les côtés du terrain.

Comment je peux faire ?

Dune

You don't really need a compute terrain to do something like this, but you need to start with a fairly smooth terrain, find a place where the waterfall can be, add a plane, displace it the same way as the terrain, but sink it a little, then mask out the stream/torrent by simple shape that follows the direction of that stream. Then use that mask to deepen the streambed in the terrain, and your waterplane will be visible in the gully.
Then use the same mask, but inverted, for additional finer displacement of the terrain after the line goes off to the plane, so to speak, so the gully remains open and the water visible. If you want rocks in your stream, you can use the mask for just those streamrocks, e.g.

That's one way of tackling this.