WASasquatch's Material Library

Started by WAS, July 04, 2018, 04:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Procedural Cast Iron shaders. Old and new. Due to the roughness map, roughness may need adjusting in certain lighting. Spent awhile making sure it looked good under different lighting but more a to the taste thing.

Added a v2 for the Old Cast Iron with a little more roughness for horizon lighting, makes it a little less refractive.

bobbystahr

Just the thing for under bodies on autos/trucks. Thanks very much
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Chromatic Anodization effects using the roughness feature and some other little tricks to bring stuff out. The colouring with the roughness feature is very sporadic and sensitive. Hard to get combinations you actually one. Loves to toss in green with reds.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Here is the Brass Shader Collection for your enjoyment.

These are done on a pretty small scale, so for larger things you may need to tack in transform shader to scale it, as well as provide a Final Position for object surfaces if you're using it that way.

Gathered project to render them all for viewing with the Multi-ShaderBall, and an archive with just the shader TGCs.

bobbystahr

Thanks Jordan, will test em out on some stuff later on...good work.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 20, 2018, 08:46:12 AM

Most welcome. Trying to go back and work on steel. Really hard to make a convincing look.

luvsmuzik

Thank you! :) for last three sets! trying not to fill up your white space. :)

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 20, 2018, 01:33:16 PM
Thank you! :) for last three sets! trying not to fill up your white space. :)

Ah don't worry about it. If I could disable posts from the get go sort of thing I would have to just make it a list of materials. You're welcome.

Agura Nata

Great my friend, I hope head time soon to test!
"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 20, 2018, 01:15:43 PM

Most welcome. Trying to go back and work on steel. Really hard to make a convincing look.

good luck with that, seriously, as I as a colour blind fool have had no luck with steel
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 23, 2018, 10:41:52 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on August 20, 2018, 01:15:43 PM

good luck with that, seriously, as I as a colour blind fool have had no luck with steel

Yeah it's really not easy. This is what I've gotten so far, and mind you I've had this project for at least a week or two. Just can't get the look right.

bobbystahr

The middle one looks close by my eye but maybe less intensity in the Specular...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 23, 2018, 01:44:21 PM
The middle one looks close by my eye but maybe less intensity in the Specular...

Yeah, it seems the specular roughness is slightly bugged. Once you plug anything with any sort of roughness in it likes to create specular highlights, even when the specular highlights is currently at 0.5 of 1 with a reflection of 0.8 because the roughness function just made it "glow". You can see this with the far left one more because it has matt displacement also feeding into the roughness. So it's just "brighter" despite all the same settings.

Really feel the reflection shader could benefit from a "Reflective Function" instead of using masks and just roughness.

mhaze

Thanks for these, they are excellent.