Yesterday's escape from the heat project....

Started by bobbystahr, July 04, 2018, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

..........with a PBR town integrated into a Terragen scene; squished down onto a SS Shader which was FracWarped and displaced 100 m. Found the lo res but usable Italian Cypress that I'd picked up years ago on an old 'storage/backup cd and converted it from Imagine's .iob to .obj using accutrans and ran it thru PoseRay to make it TG friendly, and the Italian Maple and Engelmann Spruce freebies from XFROG and of course a Dune grass 3
C&C welcome as always...thanks for taking a peek.

model CC Atributions and by
omnidirectional
from sketchfab
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Looks like a photogrammed town, nice. But it needs some texturing on the rocks to melt it into the terrain more, I'd say.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 05, 2018, 02:36:39 AM
Looks like a photogrammed town, nice. But it needs some texturing on the rocks to melt it into the terrain more, I'd say.

Indeed, but I'm less than satisfied with the foliage (a weak point) in the town. Too bad because the buildings hold up nicely enough.
I may call this a done one as it's as good as it can get and I'll always be dis-satisfied those ugly town bushes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

In fact a very cool and nice looking experiment.
I hope you find some ways to "cover" the town's foliage with some better plants objects.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 06, 2018, 01:50:17 AM
In fact a very cool and nice looking experiment.
I hope you find some ways to "cover" the town's foliage with some better plants objects.

Thanks Doc,,,but after an afternoon of trying I've thrown in the towel on the bushes to the image posted is the Final....sigh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Does setting opacity at 0 on model foliage shaders mask them? Good comp and good model tho. :)

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 06, 2018, 11:08:06 AM
Does setting opacity at 0 on model foliage shaders mask them? Good comp and good model tho. :)

They are a part pf the model which is a photogrametry model so It's all one part sadly
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New