Started by DocCharly65, July 06, 2018, 01:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Very cool, Nils. I love the details.

DocCharly65

Thank you all :)

Bobby, I found the hobbit house interior with the door already open here:
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/hobbit-house-3d-model/1103991
A little bit expensive in my eyes because I had to work on it almost a week with blender to miminimize the number of faces and to get a clean texturing that all works in TG. The original fbx file had almost 100 MB and the direct conversion as object file was 340 MB! E.g. the bronce spheres at the door had some thousand faces EVERY sphere! ;D 
I seperated the whole model into some parts and could reduce all to a maximum of 50 MB for the biggest part (some xFrog plants have more ;)

Oshyan and WASasquatch you're both almost right :) I used bloom and starburst of 0.65. Usually I use smaller or no bloom and higher starburst. In fact the "dreamy look" seems to be my typical stile meanwhile :)

The reason for the hazy/dreamy look here: In this TG setup I cheated a bit with the dimensions. We are on a floating big cube (with some Softer Voronoi Cracks by mhaze) and with all the Hobbit stuff and the close plants on it. The background is almost 10 times the size of the foreground and quite far away so I get the hazy look I wanted with a minimum of atmosphere haze density. So I could get a render time of "only" 1 hour for the first and about 100 minutes for the second render. Though I used 1920x1080 pixel at 0.7 detail and AA 7. So I have good chances to get quite fast rendering with my typical "animation settings" of 1280x720 px at 0.4 or 0.5 detail and AA5.

Besides the scene will be longer than I thought: First an opening book (on the right side next to the fern) where the first page will be read, then turning and moving to the door. Perhaps I will show the writing deskwith the book here... but later the rest will play in the animations area again ;)

WAS

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 08, 2018, 01:52:37 PM
Besides the scene will be longer than I thought: First an opening book (on the right side next to the fern) where the first page will be read, then turning and moving to the door. Perhaps I will show the writing deskwith the book here... but later the rest will play in the animations area again ;)

That will look really fun to see. Somewhat like the end of LOTR series.

DocCharly65

Some LoR purists will want to kill me and give me Smaug to eat... But I couldn't stop... Now the scene is ready to render.

I did some tests before I started the renderjob:

The book closed:
[attach=1]

A look through the room while turning to the door:
[attach=2]

I think in the animation the room will look a bit brighter because of the blended gi cache files.
The KingKong by Peter Jackson Poster is a bit more on the left side meanwhile and unfortunately in the animation the parchment Enterpriseblueprint will be mostly covered by the (opened) book. A pity but necessary because of the camera settings.
And of course the title of the book is the "original" film title... does anybody remember? ;)

Oshyan

Hahah, oh I do love your sense of humor. You are great to have around here. :)

- Oshyan

WAS

Haha oh I love the posters.

But this is still such a unique idea that even some purists may be swayed by the prospect of dueling Gorn's and toasting Romulan ale under a Risan sunset.

Dune

Bilbo Kirk  :D ;D ;D ;D (I knew he was a schizo)

DocCharly65

Thanks :) It makes me happy that some of you share my sense of humor :)

At the moment I do some animation-testrenders in low quality because the camera path is quite difficult this time.

Would any native English forum member (doesn't matter if US or UK) be so kind and have a look at the complete first page of the book?
I'd like to have a most perfect english here and my Oxford school englisch is almost 40 years old and badly influenced by google translator ;)

Your advantage would be:
- You will see the final concept for the beginning of the film as first person ever.
- And I could offer a special highlight in the credits.

Your disadvantage would be:
- You will have seen the final concept for the beginning of the film as first person - the surprise is spoiled.[/li][/list]

If somebody is interested please pn me then we can exchange data (a dox-file) via email because I'll not post the books page here at the moment.

In one day in the future I'll have to ask the same question for one female and one male narrator. I have planned to let the narrators play ALL roles (like in the old Laurel&Hardy films - but my male narrator doesn't need to do the female voices ;) )
Then it will be much easier and comfortable to follow the film.

Dune

A google translation and/or narration by a NON-English native would be more fun, wouldn't it?

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2018, 02:40:49 AM

...or maybe Spock Baggins. The ears, you know... ;D ;D ;D
Cool ideas!!!!

For the narrators: which nationality has the worst accent when talking english? Ze Görmans maybe?  ;D ;D Since I'm a german I'm allowed to say that!  ;)

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Hannes on July 10, 2018, 10:41:54 AM
Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2018, 02:40:49 AM

...or maybe Spock Baggins. The ears, you know... ;D ;D ;D
Cool ideas!!!!

For the narrators: which nationality has the worst accent when talking english? Ze Görmans maybe?  ;D ;D Since I'm a german I'm allowed to say that!  ;)

When I first started reading this LOR, (yes a book) that is what I was thinking...."He is gonna turn out to be a Vulcan!" Good idea Hannes!

Dune

A Frechman/lady and a Germ-man would be great together  ;D

DocCharly65

;D

while you discussed the language, I added a little extension:
What is a Lord of the Rings story without "MY TREASURE" (you must imagine Gollum's voice in your head ;)  )

[attach=1]

In the animation the wooden sign above the chest will be readable better.
Beause I was unsatisfied with the original coins in the treasure chest (only a simple plane with a texture and bumpmap) I chose a little population of single coins. I like it more. The Beatles record is a simple cube with a cover I found in internet. I did a google search for the most expensive records of the world as an adequate part of "my treasure" :)

Dune

DocCharly65

The idea itself works...
10 - 100 - 1000 years:

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Now you know how Hobbit holes really are built ;)
...some more work on details and background... but then...