View from a hobbit hole

Started by DocCharly65, July 06, 2018, 01:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Oh WOW that's good. I love it! :D

The green door just seems a little *too* bright green for me. But maybe a matter of personal taste.

- Oshyan

Dune

Hannes

Cool and funny idea!! And very well done, Nils!

masonspappy

Frodo is here. Trump has the ring!

DocCharly65

Thanks to all :)
@ masonspappy: Funny... in my first concept for "Bilbos book" I wrote that Sauron was president... ;D But I thought it's too hard... ;)
@ Oshyan: you saw what I saw too :)  I reduced the saturation of the doors texture a bit.

After many last changes I'll call it final now untill I go on the work for the animation.
Here now with the "doc-typical dreamy haziness":

[attach=1]

DocCharly65

And the second one with more details and meanwhile more than 40 ivys...

[attach=1]

masonspappy

Of Course, you would never see a Klingon  battle cruiser in such a predicament.  They do not fall from the sky.....

WAS

Haha! Wow that's so awesome! I actually didn't expect this transformation from the original screenshtos. This is so imaginative.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 14, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
And the second one with more details and meanwhile more than 40 ivys...

[attach=1]

Holy Crap that must take forever to load...great work man!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

I decided I need someone to open the book... Unfortunately, the wand does not seem to work properly. Presumably he is glued with nail polish ... ;)

[attach=1]

...the next message is probably already out of my animation post ;)

3Dfoin - Fairy by 3DRT on CGTrader for 27.97$
I got 30% discount after a very very nice conversation with a very very nice woman from CGTrader, who did a poll and spent me some discount as reward

It was a long time twiggeling to get the wings and the skirt transparent as I wanted but with my old concept of TCs helicopter rotor I got it:

[attach=2]

First I had to seperate wings and skirt and hat to animate them seperately. And I needed modified textures:

Original:
[attach=3]

Modified for wings:
[attach=4]

EDIT: Sh*t... I shouldn't have opened my mouth... I found out in the second that 3DRT offer a discount of 50% at the moment... pffff...

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Thanks bobby :)

Meanwhile most work on the scene is done and I am waiting for the rendered results.

As usual some additional animations for the scene:

1)
Fairy walking to the door:
[attach=1]   [attach=2]

DocCharly65

2)
Historical documents about the last big spaceships.
[attach=1]   [attach=2]   [attach=3]