Discovered the Curry Leaf Tree....

Started by bobbystahr, July 06, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...which I'd never used so that's done now hee hee hee C&C welcome as always.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice setup. The light is cool. It needs some contrasting thing somewhere, some bright blue or yellow flowers (just a few patches), or a rock, or a pop of mosquitos lighting up in the low sun. Leaf areas are pretty dark, have you tried lowering the leaf opacity to 0.6 or so?

DocCharly65

Oh yes - this has big potential! Big like to motivate you to go on with it  :)

Kadri

Yes there is much potential in this image. More tones of green would be good too i think.

Agura Nata

Quote from: Kadri on July 07, 2018, 09:15:02 AM

Yes there is much potential in this image. More tones of green would be good too i think.

Yes :)
"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 07, 2018, 01:53:39 AM
Nice setup. The light is cool. It needs some contrasting thing somewhere, some bright blue or yellow flowers (just a few patches), or a rock, or a pop of mosquitos lighting up in the low sun. Leaf areas are pretty dark, have you tried lowering the leaf opacity to 0.6 or so?

Actually I considered the opacity trick but forgot...low render times so I'll add that to the tweaks...cosmos and dandilions are also in the projected tweaks...I was just groovin' on the lush green-ness of it all on this render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Taking advantage of Dune's reminder of the opacity trick on the leaves I have major improvement; and I went with flowers over rocks/stones...seemed more appropriate to the scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You have some more light passing through in the darks now. But I would put the flowers in a small number of groups/patches, like they thrive on subtle differences in soils.  Perhaps with an added big rock or larger shrub in the center(s) of those patches.

Hannes

Great improvement, Bobby. I agree with Ulco. The flowers could have some more randomness in distribution. All in all a great image!

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

...using Dune's suggestions...gonna call this done...Thanks Ulco...1 second faster with less flowers and added fakestones heh heh, go figger
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 09, 2018, 01:38:42 AM
That's it, Bobby. Great result!

Thanks for the compliment and your suggestions helping it along. I still get timid with pops and need to remember I can do as many as my memory can handle heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

ajcgi

No, don't give up, this is begging for a tiger. Crouching perhaps. I can see there's a dragon in there, hidden well. ;)

DocCharly65