Twin Peaks ~ impressionistic

Started by KlausK, July 16, 2018, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Hi everyone, here`s  a one day doodle.
two very small fractal terrains intertwined and a PF impressionistic sky.
I should do a lot more with the mid- and foreground but, that has to wait `til another time.
As always - interested in your thoughts.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

It's very cool already, lighting is very nice, I like the peak. I wouldn't do things to the foreground that would distract too much.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

KlausK

hey, thank you all very much!
As lighting, mood , and compositional study it is probably done, or is it?
As I mentioned before, I am a little bit out of ideas for this for now...

Anyways, I attached two pics which show the Atmosphere and Background nodes and settings.

The terrains  actually only cover a area of about 100x100m. The rest of the planet is flat.
That is why the sense of scale of the peaks is completely gone when changing the camera position.
But this and the procedural sky lead to very moderate render times - only about 8 minutes with 0.6/6.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bobbystahr

"As lighting, mood , and compositional study it is probably done, or is it?"

Well I'd say it's a success...well done and inspirational screen grabs, gives me ideas...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

And what does a kugelkopf image resemble? Used in world background..... :)

KlausK

Thank you very much, bobbystahr. Looking forward to what you come up with.

luvsmuzik, it is the simply name of the original image I used to create the image I use as a mask shader and a image shader in this scene.
A lot of Photoshop Filters and layering of the original image (a orthographic view of a type writer "kugelkopf") ended up to become the "kugelkopf_00b_s.jpg".
The attached render has Primary Rays of the Atmosphere node disabled.
The dark blue grain comes from the kugelkopf_00b_s.jpg in the Background node,
which gives the Atmo the blue-ish grainy tone. The image is sized down a lot to get the grainy effect.
The large dark shadows on the terrain are also coming from the kugelkopf_00b_s.jpg image.
This time the image is enlarged and used as a mask in the Base Colour node.
There is also some luminosity with different colours used in the image nodes.

Is that it? Or did I miss something... :o
CHeers, Klaus

luvsmuzik

Thank you Klaus. As usual you have come up with something very unique.  :)

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

KlausK

KlausK