Another example of Daniil's excellent erosion plugin

Started by Dune, July 17, 2018, 01:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Started out with a simple image map with some patches of white-grey-black (could have been procedural, but I quickly wanted a particulare flow/shape), displaced it, added a slope by displaced distance shader and set Daniil's plugin to work. I didn't use the actual erosion, just the maps. Actually just playing around a bit, so I added some partly procedural far city, and some other stuff. Man encroaching on nature, so to speak.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2018, 01:47:04 AM
Started out with a simple image map with some patches of white-grey-black (could have been procedural, but I quickly wanted a particulare flow/shape), displaced it, added a slope by displaced distance shader and set Daniil's plugin to work. I didn't use the actual erosion, just the maps. Actually just playing around a bit, so I added some partly procedural far city, and some other stuff. Man encroaching on nature, so to speak.

Is that in rivers mode or flows? Looks great. That plugin is really fun to play with.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Dune

DocCharly65

A beautiful work! Both versions!
Amazing how good the procedural city looks!

Hannes

luvsmuzik

I wondered when you made your Estuary image if this plugin would have been useful. For those of us who do not do blue nodes easily, these maps come in very handy when using the plugin. Great representation and application!

Dune

I've been experimenting with the plugin in combination with the Estuary, but that didn't work out as I wanted, so I referred to painting maps. Easier to change too, if the client wants changes (and she does  >:().

bobbystahr

good tests and nice technique...image 5 gave me a morning chuckle, thanks for that....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist