Trying to Create realistic Snow 2018 V.10.2.40

Started by Michelh, July 18, 2018, 02:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelh

This is one of these nights where I cannot sleep. Rather than watch TV and not be productive I decided to try recreating snow with some light reflection. I also made a simple road from a material I made in substance painter. Feedback is as usual always welcome

Michelh

Higher resolution

archonforest

wow you are back  :)
I like the snow for sure. Not sure about the road though.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Michelh

Hey thanks for the feedback I am kinda back lol . I also am not sure about the road I will make a new render but with no road and lest see what happens.

Michelh

Render no road. I do feel as I need to add something to this it feels empty...

archonforest

I am not sure if u need more stuff there. Perhaps a different POV? Some dead trees?
Can u post a bigger render. I cannot see this one very well.

Michelh

Ok I shall remove some of the rocks and try to get a better angle for the camera, thanks. Oh maybe just complete snow where the road was before .

DocCharly65

Good luck! I like the snow-look already. Curious where this goes. :)

WAS

The road may look decent if it's stretched out to look like a road more, and maybe if you try using the "smoothing" effect of the surface layer, or mask out some of the detail so it looks more like a compressed road with snow on it.

Michelh

Thanks for the feed back here is a different view of the landscape I also removed a few of the details and totally took the road out of the scene.

Michelh

I feel like this one might be more interesting ..

Michelh

Totally redid the rocks on this picture. I don't know if the ones before looked better but to me this version looks better, as always feedback is always welcome.

WAS

Looking better and better. Have you tried playing with offset displacement on the snow layer to give it some deepness?

archonforest

Like the last version. Agree with WASasquatch to try the offset displacement. I would also try to see how the picture look with more sky on top.
Do you need help to render it out in high-res? My workstation is not very busy these days :D

Michelh

Thanks for the tips I tried it and here is the result I don't know if it is super visible.
Archonforest thanks for the help,  I might need it one day lol but I feel like the scene is not big enough to ask for more computers. I will also do a render with more sky.