Severe Group Problesm 4.2

Started by WAS, July 23, 2018, 06:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

My underwater scene loaded in 4.2 is incredibly slow. Editing, moving group inputs, dragging groups, etc. This only happened when zoomed in to the nodes at a workable scale. That's just one thing.

Next it's only happened twice, but when adding a shader and enabling my cards, TG for some reason goes through and disabled every shader in the group but the one I just pasted and connected.  When it happened TG thinks inbetween each disabling of a shader, unlike selecting all shaders and clicking D which is almost instantaneous.

The added TGD is the result of that weird behavior

Matt

After pasting nodes, pasted nodes are selected. If you press 'D' it will toggle the enable/disable state of every node in the selection. Could that explain it?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on July 24, 2018, 12:01:53 AM
After pasting nodes, pasted nodes are selected. If you press 'D' it will toggle the enable/disable state of every node in the selection. Could that explain it?
It sounds like it might be related. But I had added a step aftewards connecting the pasted shader. Than I selected and enabled the card object and instead of it enabling it went through and disabled all the shaders in that group. Did it twice with those two colour opposites surface layers.

Did some tests today and the group tree gets pretty blogged down, and slows down, pretty quick without adding much. Even in a new scene zooming in/out of the network tree is stuttery. I think the 4 threads I have is no longer able to handle TG.  TG probably requires a 4 core now with at least 8-16 threads to run the GUI smoothly. Rendered a couple terrains and there wasn't really any difference in render times. Only by a few seconds. So not seeing that benefit either.