Set Scale of Fractal Landscape to a Specific Scale

Started by daredev, July 24, 2018, 05:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daredev

I am very new to Terragen and need to create a terrain to the scale of 30 sq meters = 1 pixel. I have tried the default terrain, "Fractal terrain 01" and varying the lead-in and smallest scale but they didn't seem to have much effect. What can I set to get a specific resolution of the world?

ajcgi

Terragen is real-world scale. The default planet is roughly Earth-sized.
When you say 30sq metres per pixel, are you trying to create a map? If we know what you're aiming at then we'll have a clearer idea of how to help.
Welcome btw. ;)

daredev

Thanks for the welcome and the help. I'm trying to create a terrain to replicate a flight simulator terrain. They tend to be low resolution for higher rendering speed. So, I guess it be from 30 meter dem data would be the equivalent. Maybe I was wrong with the 30 sq meters.

ajcgi

Ah that makes sense. If you wanted to create that look, I would try making your landscape with any of the terrain generating tools and then right at the end of your terrain nodes, have a Compute Terrain node (it should be there by default anyway) with the Gradient Patch Size set to 30. You may need to go higher, but ultimately that might help you.

daredev