Terragen 4.1

Started by WAS, July 24, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Is it alright if someone can send me a link or upload a copy of MSI for TG 4.1.x? I updated to 4.2 but unfortunately it's unstable on my system. The node tree is really studdery and slow, and opening my projects with a lot of nodes and internal networks are pretty much unworkable and freezes up constantly. Just zooming nodes on a new project freezes up the node tree and gets studdery.

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Can I install this along with 4.2 to at least use 4.2's renderer? Or does that interfere with dependencies (are there really any?)?

Matt

If you want to install both, you'll need to uninstall 4.2 before you can install 4.1. But you can either make a copy of the 4.2 folder before you uninstall it (so you will have both 4.1 and 4.2 folders), or install 4.2 to a different folder than 4.1.

Matt

Please let me know whether this fixes the problems you had with 4.2. At the moment I don't know what could be causing it.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on July 24, 2018, 09:41:22 PM
Please let me know whether this fixes the problems you had with 4.2. At the moment I don't know what could be causing it.

It has a smoother node tree. I honestly think it's the dynamic scaling of node titles that's slowing down the UI, or maybe the check for whether or not a group as changed is taking place more often when doing simpler things?

Did do some basic terrains with little bit of lateral and stuff with no colours or complex shading in 4.2 and can say without a doubt that 34 and 48 seconds (base render settings) is extremely astonishing. Amazing work Matt!! Like other than the UI issue it makes me feel my computer is younger. I think the slowdown with my other scenes was heavy atmosphere work.

"Like omg! 4.2 render times are like quick!"