Another ocean

Started by Hannes, July 25, 2018, 01:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Hannes

A more directional ocean. I could eliminate some noise causing PFs, which I thought weren't active. Some more tweaking, a little more twist and shear, and some hits on the random seed button.

luvsmuzik

:) :) :)

Powerful deep churning effect. Really good! I don't know how surfing waves work ( although I am sure there are mathematical slope illustrations in profound abundance)  Have you made one curl over yet? I know you parted the sea..... ;D

DocCharly65

I see a great Pirates of the Caribbean parody coming ;)
Great work!

Did you already tests how the foam will look like in higher resolution?

Hannes

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 16, 2018, 10:59:42 AM
Have you made one curl over yet? I know you parted the sea..... ;D

;D ;D ;D No, not yet. Maybe there's a way to use the vortex shader for some upper parts?

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 16, 2018, 11:14:32 AM
Did you already tests how the foam will look like in higher resolution?

Yes, I did some tests. From this distance it looks quite good, but I rather wouldn't get closer... ;)

Dune

That's quite awesome, Hannes.

bobbystahr

Wow. I keep forgetting this section exists...most impressive Hannes
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

If you're smart, click on the second line near your avatar topleft 'Show unread posts since last visit', and you don't miss a thing.

Hannes

Actually not too many people here seem to be interested in the animation feature. I guess a lot of those are a bit scared of spending time rendering hundreds of images. But I can tell you, it's worth it. It's an incredible moment to finally see your imagery in the fourth dimension. You can render out low res lean versions of your animation for let's say thirty images, which doesn't take too long, and you'll see, if everything is OK, before you start rendering the final images. There are free apps to make a movie out of it, so if you have a TG version with animation, use it. It's fun!!

Hannes

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2018, 09:11:13 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 18, 2018, 08:42:32 AM
frend frend frend....... :)

What does "frend" mean???

old script term from Classic days for animation...from the horse and buggy era  :)

KlausK

Wwowzerz! Those waters look really really good.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2018, 08:10:39 AM
Actually not too many people here seem to be interested in the animation feature. I guess a lot of those are a bit scared of spending time rendering hundreds of images. But I can tell you, it's worth it. It's an incredible moment to finally see your imagery in the fourth dimension. You can render out low res lean versions of your animation for let's say thirty images, which doesn't take too long, and you'll see, if everything is OK, before you start rendering the final images. There are free apps to make a movie out of it, so if you have a TG version with animation, use it. It's fun!!

If I remember correctly from school, TG renders still frames, which is always nonsense to compile. Large TIFF images and compositing is slow. TG should be doing this on a per-frame basis and outputting a lossless raw video format.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 20, 2018, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2018, 08:10:39 AM

If I remember correctly from school, TG renders still frames, which is always nonsense to compile. Large TIFF images and compositing is slow. TG should be doing this on a per-frame basis and outputting a lossless raw video format.

I output bmps and it takes about 30 seconds to composite in Blender 2.79. I think anim8tor used to output AVI or other formats, but never got to the mp4 stage.