Spherical camera border issue

Started by xsimekp1, July 25, 2018, 07:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsimekp1

Hi!
Me again :)
Wondering if anybody has same issue as me, when i render with spherical camera, there is some border on sides. Never noticed before, but now i have to offset it in photoshop and this happend.
I tried to do something with antialasing setup, but nothing worked, ideas?

Thx

Pavel , Prague, CZ

Matt

It's not just you, this is a known issue. We made some improvements in recent versions, but unfortunately we don't have a proper way to completely fix this yet. Here are two possible workarounds.

Either: Render an image that's a couple of pixels wider, then crop it down to size in Photoshop. This might create a small jump at the seam, or it might work just fine, so it's worth trying.

Or: Rotate the camera 180 degrees in the Y axis, then render a small crop in the middle of the image (where the seam was in the first render). Then you can use this to patch up the area in Photoshop.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

What version of TG4 did this issue first occur?  I'll need to roll back to an older version until this is fixed.

Derek

Oshyan

It has been an issue in *some* scenes since the introduction of Spherical Camera (TG3). Rolling back is not likely to help.

- Oshyan

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I was doing tons of renderings in TG4.1x for months and never saw this issue once.  I haven't tried rendering my scenes in TG4.2x, but sounds like it might be an issue related to just specific scenes (and kind of rare)?

I'll do some test renders in 4.2.10 to see what happens, but I just landed a full-time job where I will be doing a ton of Spherical (Skybox) renders so It scared me a little when I saw this.  :)

Derek

Oshyan

It's not super frequent, fortunately. And as far as I know nothing has been changed that should affect this in 4.2, so if you haven't encountered it before, it doesn't seem like you should be more likely to now.

- Oshyan

WAS

Could the zoom of the camera effect this?

I know if i zooom too far out with a cluttered scene of geometry even the previewer will start rendering in odd shapes or blackness.