FR: render is completed alert

Started by Chinaski, October 05, 2007, 11:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinaski

Hi all,

Would it be possible to add some kind of sound alert (and/or email notification) when the render is completed ?

And thanks to Planetside, TG2 is fantastic !
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

cyphyr

"Bing"
I was wondering about that too.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Saurav

I think this is a good idea. I always did like the little chime at the end of an After Effects render. This issue is probably not on Planetside's top list to do but would be a nice addition prior to release.

Harvey Birdman

Rather than a pre-programmed sound, I'd like to see an option that would allow you to specify the sound to be played - ideally from a .wav file or some such.

I have Visual Studio and NetBeans both configured to play the same sounds on completion of a build. They make a different sound for successful builds, builds with warnings and failed builds. That way I can start a build and go do something else and I know not only when it finished, but it's status, too, just from the sound. Very handy.

Dark Fire

My software provides options for shutting down, running a program or displaying a dislog box when all jobs* have been completed, but if you really specifically want a sound/email alert and you want it after the completion of the render of just one image there is probably a simpler solution.

However, I now have ideas for other options... :D

* = a job can be the rendering of a single image or an animation.

Harvey Birdman

Yeah, a simpler solution would be more appropriate for this. Skip the email - just a sound add-on would be perfect. (Well, for me, anyway.) So... you have a plan, do ya?

;D

Dark Fire

If there is a plan to include a sound, but no sound yet, I'd be happy to help with making the sound. Personally, though, I'd prefer an option in the settings that allows the user to specify their own sound. Perhaps both ideas could be combined, so there is a default sound which can be changed...

Oshyan

This is not a bad idea, though customization of the sound used is highly unlikely at this point. On Windows what would probably be easy to do is just trigger the standard "ding" (I think it's the "alert" sound or something). This is configurable through Windows sound management, but it is the same for every application so changing it for TG2 would affect everything else as well. I'm not sure how any equivalent might work on the Mac.

- Oshyan

Chinaski

Thank you all for replys. I wil speack french now, because I can't say it in english, too complicated for me :

Coté alerte sonore, je voyais plutôt ça comme un bip système, parce que ça aurait l'avantage de se faire entendre même si le son est coupé sur la machine (haut parleurs éteins, ou casque audio branché en permanence, ce qui est le cas chez moi). Et, dans la mesure où cette alerte serait optionnelle, un bip système programmé en fin de rendu ne serait pas dérangeant. Maintenant si le son d'alerte utilisé est celui par défaut sous windows ou mac cela m'ira très bien. :)

Pour ce qui est de l'alerte mail (ou netsend, ou n'importe quoi d'autre du moment que c'est à distance), ce serait extrêmement pratique pour les longs rendus "délocalisés" (sur l'ordi du voisin, d'un ami, du boulot, de la fac, d'un autre membre de la famille, ou que sais-je encore). Ce serait, la encore, une simple option, qui simplifierai énormément la vie de ceux qui n'ont pas peur des rendus d'une durée de plus de 24 heures.

Voilà voilà. Si quelqu'un à la possibilité de traduire, je l'en remercie par avance. :)
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.