Fractal Starfield

Started by Mahnmut, October 06, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnmut

This is my way of getting at least two-coloured stars and as it is quite flexible I thought I may share it!
here you go!
Be aware that the number and of course brightness of stars you see depends strongly on your monitor settings! I just found out how much ;)

Best regards,
Jan

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

Mahnmut

Very welcome!
If you really got use for it, I´d love to see the results!
Regards,
Jan

Chinaski

Thanks a lot for this clipfile. The results (with a mesh from Celestia) :

You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.

cyphyr

Lovely work, yours is much better than my version, wish I'd known about getting the mesh from Celestia, spent ages on it lol
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Chinaski

Excuse me but I dont speack english well (I'm french), and I'm not sure to understand all what u say. :/

So a short reply, just for try : Maybe the mine is better (I'm not sure for that, your picture is very great), but my Sputnik is late for (arrive too late for ?) 2 days. Not your one. ;)

Sorry sorry sorry for my english...

nvseal

Nice clouds, that's very good image. Keep it up.

old_blaggard

Nice work - the perspective is especially commendable.  Don't worry about your English by the way - it's been perfectly understandable so far.  If you have a question that you can't ask in English, just ask it in French and I'm sure that some of us will be able to understand and answer it :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

This is interesting.  Merci!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

super boulot sur cette photo ! j'espère que tu vas préparer d'autres créations dans le même esprit ! (et que tu nous fera un petit tutorial pour importer des éléments de Celestia dans TG2) ^^
good job ! continue comme ça :)

nvseal

Quote from: seth93 on October 08, 2007, 02:52:31 PM
super boulot sur cette photo ! j'espère que tu vas préparer d'autres créations dans le même esprit ! (et que tu nous fera un petit tutorial pour importer des éléments de Celestia dans TG2) ^^
good job ! continue comme ça :)

Show off.  ;D

Chinaski

Pour l'import d'objet Celestia vers TG2 c'est très simple (trop pour nécessiter un tuto) : Il suffit d'ouvrir le mesh .3ds avec PoseRay et de le convertir en .obj (l'export des matériaux se fait dans un .mtl), et le tour est joué. ;)

To import Celestia objects in TG2 : Download it, unzip it, open the .3ds file with PoseRay, and save it as an .obj file (and .mlt file for material). That's all !

About Mahnmut's starsclip, thanks again to him. This file is very simple, easy to use/modify, and render great (better than an imagemap, for me, because more natural). I will use it a lot. ;)

Seth

merci pour le tuyau sur Celestia ! ^^