My Experiments

Started by Werth, December 18, 2007, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Werth

I discovered the fascinating world of Terragen 2 like... a week ago. I've gotten to the point where (most) terrain creation comes out as I want... but coloration and textures are still killing me.  :-\

I don't really know the rules of the community here, but I'll welcome the gallows if need be. :P please don't actually send me to the gallows...

I just started reading up on the stuff in Documentation. So hopefully that (combined with the expertise of viewers like you) will give me a jumpstart. ;)

Will

I like the colors and rays in the bottom one. Good start.  :)

as for the gallows I'll have you know I take pride in my gallows here, I keep them up right proper I do.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Nice imagination.  I wish you well on your Terragen adventures.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

green_meklar

Quotebut coloration and textures are still killing me.
You know you can use a power fractal as the color function on a surface layer, right?
Quoteplease don't actually send me to the gallows...
Don't worry. They haven't sent me to the gallows yet, and I'm sure you deserve it much less than I do.
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

Werth

Thanks for all the comments.
I'm still keeping it simple for now. The only post-work here was a little bit of darkening. I'm happy with it. :D
The grass is still a little iffy to me. ...

rcallicotte

This is very good for a silhouette-type.  I would have liked to see those white patches on the mountain be clearer as to what they are.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?