Spaceside

Started by Anthony, October 09, 2007, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This is something I finished a while ago I thought I might share. Only the planet and the sun (before I totally destroyed it cause it was about 6 pixels of whiteness) is terragen and I photoshopped the background n stuff :)
Rip it apart please. Not enough criticism on this forum  ;D

dhavalmistry

nice shot....except the background is too bright compared to the planet...try dimming the stars a little and some color variation....there is nothing but shades of white and blue in this pic.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Anthony

Nah I like blue lol  ;D In real life you can't see multi coloured stars with the naked eye. You are right about the brightness though. I guess it kindof detracts from everything else  ::)

dhavalmistry

but you cant see all blue stars either......by color variation I meant adding nebulas or distant planet (not blue) etc....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

cyphyr

I like this but I agree with the others in that the stars seem over saturated, however thats a matter of taste. I think its calling out for a big ponderous space ship, something like the one in Alien with just the highlighted details showing. Could be a movie poster.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Anthony

Lol lets just assume its a blue lense ok?  :)

old_blaggard

I like the idea, but there is too much dead space below the planet.  I also agree that the stars are a bit too bright - the stars would never be as bright as the sun.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Seth

mmmmh criticism ?
the planet is much too simple... it seems to be the less important thing of the shot whereas the stars seems to be the most important... and yeah the stars are too bright...

i like it anyway :D

Mahnmut

I disagree on your statement about stars colours.
On some of the brighter stars you can definitely see colours.
Of course only different shades of white, but different enough to tell one star from another without seeing the context.
Wega and Sirius for example are quite bluish (in sirius case scintilating because of its brightness)
while Antares and Beteigeuze are quite reddish.
Not talking about planets.
Best regards,
Jan

rcallicotte

Everything is relevant, but I'd say you need some sort of accentuation on your terrain to match the high contrast and fantasy-like spacescape.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?