River WIP

Started by nvseal, October 11, 2007, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

Over 46 hours to render at .8 render quality. The terrain is from the New Zealnd ter that bigben sent me. I loaded it so I could take a look at it and came up with this in about 10 minutes. I really should have waited to render the final until after I added some more trees and had done some tweaking (the clouds need some work) but here it is anyway. I'll just call it a WIP.  ;) Comments and critiques always welcome.

rcallicotte

This is very nice and believable.  Good job.  I don't see anything to critique, at first glance.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

Indeed, this is really sweet, my only comment is more of a pedantry in that it looks more like a flooded valley. Please do more :D
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bigben

Quote from: cyphyr on October 11, 2007, 01:02:51 PM
Indeed, this is really sweet, my only comment is more of a pedantry in that it looks more like a flooded valley. Please do more :D
Richard

I'll have a river mask soon that will fix that  ;)  A good start. I'd probably make the green surface different to the trees to provide a bit of extra contrast and give it a bit more coverage and colour variation.. a bit too much bare rock prehaps?.

dhavalmistry

I must have missed this....havent seen this before....

the surfaces could use some help.....other than that...nice work...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"