Black Boulders

Started by rcallicotte, October 11, 2007, 07:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

Nice stones, although the uniformity of the background is a little bland.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Yep.  I agree about the background.  That's why I focused on the stones.  Still amazed at what we can do with simple texturing.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

green and white stones????....what planet is this???...lol....good one......you can now apply some displacements to them....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Displacements?  They have displacements.   ???

Quote from: dhavalmistry on October 11, 2007, 09:40:05 PM
green and white stones????....what planet is this???...lol....good one......you can now apply some displacements to them....

dhavalmistry

by displacement, I meant detail like Volker's tutorials......

rcallicotte

This is detail like his tutorials, but my own way. 

Quote from: dhavalmistry on October 12, 2007, 12:35:32 PM
by displacement, I meant detail like Volker's tutorials......

dhavalmistry

ohh...I see.....my bad....

rcallicotte

Uh, no.  It's the difference in people, I think.  From what I'm beginning to believe, TG2 will have individual differences the more someone uses this product.  At the same time, set standards of what the eye expects stay the same.  So it's my guess you are accustomed to seeing Volker's near perfect work and know better when you see something that is a derivative of it.  I'm still perfecting my "touch".

Thanks for all your input.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on October 12, 2007, 12:51:56 PM
ohh...I see.....my bad....

cyphyr

All rendering software, particularly rendering software has a distinctive "style". A Bryce or Vue render is often easily recognizable. But when users get more experience they can (and hopefully) will develop their own style. This is not so much of their own artistic and creative input but rather its down to how the artists uses the lighting and environmental settings. You can set up a TG scene in a couple of minutes and it will look pretty much the same no matter who makes it, beginner or expert. I think were still finding out about TG's optimum settings for different scenarios. Like you say the more experience someone has the more their individual expression will come forward.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)