Sequences..?

Started by ovaflo, June 30, 2007, 05:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ovaflo

I've got a scene I need to make an animation of in TG2, all I need it to do is lower the suns elevation a little over about 200 frames but thats besides the point. I just don't know how to do that, the only way to do it without 3rd party software is to write a  script for it and Im not sure how that would look.  And with 3rd party software, none of the popular ones around here will work on a mac that I know of. Can anyone help me out?

Oshyan

Animating in TG2 is fairly easy, especially for simple situations like this. You can animate almost anything. Control is rather limited at present, but simple linear movement is easy to achieve.

First you must have the registered Deep + Animation version of the Technology Preview. Animation is not possible with the free Technology Preview.

Assuming you have the correct version you will first want to setup your project with the appropriate number of frames, etc. Click Project Settings in the lower-left of the TG2 window, down by the timeline, and setup the number of frames properly. Presumably this will be 0-200 frames. Then make sure you are on frame 0, set your scene up how you would like it to begin, and think about *all* the values you would like to keyframe.

If it's *just* the sun then all you need to do is go to the sunlight node, click the "Sa" button (it looks like a spline curve with an 'a' in it) next to the parameter(s) you want to animate and select Set Animation Key. Now move the timeline to your ending keyframe, adjust the value of your animated parameters to their ending values, and press Set Animation Key again. Now you should have a simple animated sequence.

Do a low resolution sequence output test (Sequence/Output tab in your renderer) to make sure it's working correctly, setup your final detail settings, and render your final.

- Oshyan

ovaflo

sweet, ok thank you that helps alot! I should be able to get it now, thanks.