Program Crash osx

Started by t0mr1ddle, July 27, 2018, 04:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t0mr1ddle

pls find the crash log and crashing scene in attachment.

Oshyan

Thanks for the report. We will look into this ASAP.

- Oshyan

Matt

What resolution were you rendering at? Does it render OK at lower resolutions?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

I am sorry you're having problems with that scene. :(

sboerner

Your scene crashes here as well. It loads fine and the render looks good until the very end, when TG crashes suddenly and with no warning. Running OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and Terragen 4.1.25.

sboerner

FWIW the rendering completes if all filter post effects (experimental atmo bloom, bloom, starburst) are disabled. My tests here were pretty quick but it appears that if any of these is enabled the scene crashes near the end of the rendering.

WAS

Quote from: sboerner on July 31, 2018, 11:44:00 AM
FWIW the rendering completes if all filter post effects (experimental atmo bloom, bloom, starburst) are disabled. My tests here were pretty quick but it appears that if any of these is enabled the scene crashes near the end of the rendering.

Oh interesting. I used to have a issue regarding post effects years ago. It'd just crash when post effect went to apply.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 31, 2018, 01:41:57 PM
Quote from: sboerner on July 31, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

Oh interesting. I used to have a issue regarding post effects years ago. It'd just crash when post effect went to apply.

My unit does this sometimes. OSWin 10. I get an option to "close the Program" or "Wait for program to respond" I choose "WAIT". Screen freeze, all white, then in usually 30 seconds or so, filters apply and all is well.

Oshyan

We have identified the issue that is causing this and are working on a fix.

- Oshyan

René

Terragen 4.1.25 crashes when using bloom or atmospheric bloom. I've never experienced that before. In Terragen 4.4.44 (free version) that doesn't happen.

Any ideas?

Dune

I'll check that out in my versions....

EDIT: Maybe it's Mac, as I tried versions 4.5.10.1, 4.5.13 and 4.5.31 and it doesn't happen.

raymoh

Please don't stone me: But I sometimes have the feeling that Mac versions of applications in general (not only Terragen) are treated a bit "stepmotherly". On the one hand this is understandable: The Windows world is much bigger, but on the other hand it is sometimes more than annoying for Mac users to work with ported applications. This starts with a different "workflow" and ends simply with omitted features.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

René

Quote from: Dune on May 24, 2020, 02:02:07 AMI'll check that out in my versions....

EDIT: Maybe it's Mac, as I tried versions 4.5.10.1, 4.5.13 and 4.5.31 and it doesn't happen.
Oh, thanks for the test!
I'm pretty sure it's a Mac issue; there's another thread on this subject: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,22985.msg232590.html#msg232590.
The weird thing is, I've never had this before.
The easiest solution is to upgrade to the latest version of Terragen, but I don't want to do that until I have a new computer. On the other hand I could make good use of bloom now because I want to participate in NWDA's theme challenge. I could do it in post but I'm not sure if this kind of editing is allowed, because if I want to do it properly it involves more than just a simple blur.

René

Quote from: raymoh on May 24, 2020, 03:13:58 AMPlease don't stone me: But I sometimes have the feeling that Mac versions of applications in general (not only Terragen) are treated a bit "stepmotherly". On the one hand this is understandable: The Windows world is much bigger, but on the other hand it is sometimes more than annoying for Mac users to work with ported applications. This starts with a different "workflow" and ends simply with omitted features.
That's the misery we have to live with if we want fancy things... ;D

Dune

The best thing you could do is have it finally rendered elsewhere.