Lunar Eclipse 2018, July, 27th-28th

Started by KlausK, July 27, 2018, 07:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

For all who can see it: DON`T MISS THE LONGEST ECLIPSE OF THE 21st CENTURY !

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2018-july-27

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

N-drju

I bet it had to do with that recent mummy thing. :P

Seen it, but almost forgot about it. :) In my region it was a complete eclipse.

It was truly beautiful and mesmerizing. I watched it through binoculars, which also made it possible to see Mars as a tiny circle (with a touch of shadow on the surface!) rather than a toothpick tip. ;)

I even managed to take some closeups by sticking my smartphone's lens to the binocular eye. ;D Very, very shabby work. But a souvenir nonetheless!

[attach=1]   [attach=2]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

After weeks of almost cloudless skies we had a totally overcast sky during the eclipse. Perfect timing!!!  >:(

Great images!!!!!!

KlausK

ARGHHH - that`s too bad, Hannes.
Here in Basel we were lucky - the clear sky lasted until 3 or 4 o`Clock in the morning.
You have surely watched pictures and footage by now. There is a lot material out there which is truely beautiful.
That`s why I did not take any picture myself.
From our balcony we had a real first class pov almost from the beginning.
Very impressive. And Mars being almost at the closest point on its trajectory (it has been close for sometime now) was a real treat.
I have a little Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and have been watching the planets for sometime.
The nightsky this year has been good to us! ;) Venus is the first to be seen, then Jupiter with its 5-6 moons (I can spot),
along comes Saturn whith its rings angled so they can be seen completely around the planet and at last Mars.
A whole planetary show if you will.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)