becalmed

Started by bobbystahr, July 27, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well I guess it was a good thing only copying what I really needed to the workstation because even though slow and clunky with only 2 cores once the most recent version of TG4 was installed and with 4x4 RAM it rendered this unfinished from before but now done project in under 2 hours. C&C as always welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Looks good. The foreground trees could use some colour variation but that's whatever.

I am curious what the background canopy tree object is? It has a really nice rainforesty look.

mhaze

Really great mood to this.

luvsmuzik

Nice clouds too! I like the POV with reflections in the water. Camera just high enough to not lose detail of foliage. Good one! Sea plane getting ready to touch down? :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 28, 2018, 01:49:56 AM
Looks good. The foreground trees could use some colour variation but that's whatever.

I am curious what the background canopy tree object is? It has a really nice rainforesty look.

Thats a blend of a Moerascipres_1_UG.tgo that Dune shared and  a CL13_Bishop_Pine.tgo XFROG freebie. The Bishop Pine is the one you noticed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Thanks mhaze and luvsmuzik...@luvz, that is a default Cloud ver2 a lucky add in, as I did nothing to it cuz it fit the scene so well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice mood and very cool rainforest look on the right as WASasquatch mentioned.
Would it be nice if there was a little cabin on the little island on the right? 

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 28, 2018, 11:00:49 AM

Thanks. And indeed, but unfortunately having as much in it as I do was stressing this old Dell and as I said this was an ancient project from before I got the workstation that atm is a boat anchor heh heh and that's where my good models live...sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

SILENCER

Try a color PF on the population shader tint for some tree variance
Swing that sun around a tad and back light it.
It'll light up that haze.
Prepare to be amazed

bobbystahr

Quote from: SILENCER on July 28, 2018, 01:22:19 PM
Try a color PF on the population shader tint for some tree variance
Swing that sun around a tad and back light it.
It'll light up that haze.
Prepare to be amazed

at the present time I am just messing about on my old Dell optiplex as my workstation is down and the Dell keeps crashing as I think I've no where near enough memory. Just crashed the program adjusting the Soft Shadows on the sun coincidentally so I'm saving future development till the workstation is up and running again. And yes I had a colour PF on the Hornbeam trees but had forgotten to turn it up heh heh, dumb rookie error. 1 does nothing I found.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 28, 2018, 11:00:49 AM

Got the cabin in Nils but TG4 crashed on this Dell while adjusting soft shadows on the sun so I'll wait till the workstation is back up before going further.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New