Triggered once again by a thread here....

Started by bobbystahr, July 31, 2018, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

....I mined my old files for a scene I started way back in TG3. A WIP so C&C welcome. Right off the bat I'll be upping the resolution for the final but other suggestions as always will be taken into serious consideration.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

WOW very nice bobby!!
I would try some flowers to break up the all green pattern. And guess the grain will go when u have the final.

If your workstation is still down I can render it for you in high res. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 31, 2018, 09:51:32 PM
....I mined my old files for a scene I started way back in TG3. A WIP so C&C welcome. Right off the bat I'll be upping the resolution for the final but other suggestions as always will be taken into serious consideration.

Love the lighting here. The intensity at the canopy blooming on the leaves looks great. Love the veggies mix, but maybe more of a defining boundary of vegetation at the shore line, unless it's meant to be a flood like plain.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 01, 2018, 05:15:32 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 31, 2018, 09:51:32 PM

Love the lighting here. The intensity at the canopy blooming on the leaves looks great. Love the veggies mix, but maybe more of a defining boundary of vegetation at the shore line, unless it's meant to be a flood like plain.

well sorta, a pond overflowing a bit after a rain sorta thing is what I was thinking.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

I don't think I ever turn off Defer atmosphere unless I have the sun disc showing through stuff. That's the only instance I've had issues.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 01, 2018, 07:59:05 PM
I don't think I ever turn off Defer atmosphere unless I have the sun disc showing through stuff. That's the only instance I've had issues.

enabling Receive Shadows from Surface in Atmosphere, I think Quality tab works for that sun thing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well here's as good as it gets on this old dell. Nearly 5 hours and this machine crawls on anything else when rendering.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

I like it a lot. Looks like a lot more definition to where it floods. God Ray's produced by those leaves are really nice.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 01, 2018, 11:57:39 PM
I like it a lot. Looks like a lot more definition to where it floods. God Ray's produced by those leaves are really nice.

thanks and well previously it was AA 2 mpD.25 so the increase brought stuff to where it should be on the visibility end.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Very nice, Bobby! The only thing I'd change is the quite even distribution of the bushes. Maybe more (denser) bushes masked by a PF?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 02, 2018, 03:34:49 AM
Very nice, Bobby! The only thing I'd change is the quite even distribution of the bushes. Maybe more (denser) bushes masked by a PF?

Thanks Hannes, they are in fact masked with the Density fractal in the distribution shader. Maybe they need to be smaller and denser to show that. As my workstation seems to be working again I'll gather the project and take it over  and give it a go.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

urged on by Hannes and as my CORSAIR seems to be running all right I re rendered and the 4+hr render on the dell turned into an hour and a half on the CORSAIR. As always C&C welcomed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I like this version better. But there's water, but no reflection of the tufts of grass.... do they float? Looks a bit strange. What happens if you render without waves?