Triggered once again by a thread here....

Started by bobbystahr, July 31, 2018, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 03, 2018, 02:14:58 AM
I like this version better. But there's water, but no reflection of the tufts of grass.... do they float? Looks a bit strange. What happens if you render without waves?

Yeah I just noticed that myself. I turned reflection off in the water and have a Reflection shader there but I suspect it got disconnected..will have a look

Well they were floating but now I've got them in the water for sure and I still have no reflection. Maybe because the sun's coming from behind and they're casting shadows where the reflection should be?

In a full width crop it seems I was correct re: the shadows negating obvious reflection so I'll try another full render while I'm at my chiro appt. this A M.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

You know I love this with beautiful godrays and gorgeous sunflower addition, great distribution on grasses now......but, one more time without the burst effect on the water? Please....! :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 03, 2018, 05:30:43 PM
You know I love this with beautiful godrays and gorgeous sunflower addition, great distribution on grasses now......but, one more time without the burst effect on the water? Please....! :)

Sorry but no, I really like that part heh heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Yeah, much better. Still I think this has potential for more. Lower POV a bit, so you have more reflection bursts in water, and use a different weed in water, like (higher) reeds/bulrushes, which also would give it more contrast (grass reflections are very light on right side). Add one or more loose rocks for additional spunk.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 04, 2018, 02:00:40 AM
Yeah, much better. Still I think this has potential for more. Lower POV a bit, so you have more reflection bursts in water, and use a different weed in water, like (higher) reeds/bulrushes, which also would give it more contrast (grass reflections are very light on right side). Add one or more loose rocks for additional spunk.

As much as I'd like to this DELL is totally inadequate and the CORSAIR has fan problems and I don't have enough clear time on it to more than load the scene and the nose starts....sigh...still no word from my tech guy either...so much for the 'friendly' warranty heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 04, 2018, 02:13:31 AM

As much as I'd like to this DELL is totally inadequate and the CORSAIR has fan problems and I don't have enough clear time on it to more than load the scene and the nose starts....sigh...still no word from my tech guy either...so much for the 'friendly' warranty heh heh

Is it just like broken fans? I have a box of generic size  (I forget what that is like 4 inch or something?) and few 5 or 6 inch fans I could probably get shipped to you fairly cheap since they weigh like nothing. They're generic but quiet and fast. I actually made a mistake years ago and kinda bought a couple dozen too many... lol

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 04, 2018, 02:42:46 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on August 04, 2018, 02:13:31 AM
They're generic but quiet and fast. I actually made a mistake years ago and kinda bought a couple dozen too many... lol

I'd say yes if I knew the size and was at all DIY but the only DIY I do is change guitar strings and batteries in my pedals heh heh. I leave expensive tools to competent persons always.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Nice!
... and a "Get well soon!" for your CORSAIR :)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"