TG 4.2 maintenance exp. etc.

Started by Jo Kariboo, August 06, 2018, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Hi,
I have a little problem, I see that there is a new version of Terragen TG4.2 .
If I look in my profile it would seem that I would have to pay $249 for maintenance, yet it seems to me that the version I own has a Lifetime expiration. I had won one of the prizes in the VR contest
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21706.0.html
I'm not sure I understand, do I have to pay $249 to access TG4.2 even if I have a Lifetime expiration, I'm not dead yet.  ;)
Pierre Chartier

KlausK

Hi,
I think it means that your license does not expire any time. Not even when you do not pay the yearly maintenance fee or upgrade.
Something everybody has who paid for a license. But planetside staff will surely tell you what you have to do.
CHeers, Klaus

ps:  maybe better write directly to planetside support?
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Oshyan

Your license never expires, but your access to updates and priority support do. All licenses of Terragen 4 come with 1 year of Mainteance, which includes any updates during that 1 year. After that year you need to pay to access newer updates, but you can choose not to, and still use your current version as long as you like. When a new release comes along that includes a must-have feature for you, then you can renew Maintenance at that time and get access to it, and all other updates for the next year after that.

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: KlausK on August 07, 2018, 01:35:35 PM
Hi,
I think it means that your license does not expire any time. Not even when you do not pay the yearly maintenance fee or upgrade.
Something everybody has who paid for a license. But planetside staff will surely tell you what you have to do.
CHeers, Klaus

ps:  maybe better write directly to planetside support?
Thanks KlausK!

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on August 07, 2018, 07:25:07 PM
Your license never expires, but your access to updates and priority support do. All licenses of Terragen 4 come with 1 year of Mainteance, which includes any updates during that 1 year. After that year you need to pay to access newer updates, but you can choose not to, and still use your current version as long as you like. When a new release comes along that includes a must-have feature for you, then you can renew Maintenance at that time and get access to it, and all other updates for the next year after that.

- Oshyan
Ah ok! Thanks Oshyan!