Mac version file opening

Started by efflux, October 09, 2007, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

This is a request for something.

On the Mac version if you click on a tgd file it opens in the app but with no option to close and save the current project if TG2 is open. It's possible to accidentally lose work this way. I just opened a file by accident while a long render was running. Fortunately there was a temp file so I just restarted and cropped to what was not yet rendered so I can composite together afterwards but this scenario can be worse if you haven't saved a file with changes. There should be a dialog to stop this happening.

jo

Hi efflux,

I can look into adding this. It'll probably happen every time you double click a file to open it, I'm not sure how good TG2 is at tracking changes to a project.

Regards,

Jo

efflux

I finished that render but even with overlapping areas using the saved temp portion there was a little problem in compositing due to the GI. The instant opening is only a minor problem and once you know you get more careful.

jo

Hi efflux,

It shouldn't cause you to lose changes or a render though. I've added a Save Changes dialog in this situation.

Regards,

Jo

efflux