Fog Moves

Started by luvsmuzik, August 08, 2018, 10:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

:) 1/3 of total frames @ 6 hours,,,stay tuned

You Tube https://youtu.be/kwXps2NUY8A

WAS

Oooh! Super cool! Can't wait to see the full animation. Perhaps some high level clouds to fit the motion?

Hannes

Looks cool! The slow movement looks better to my taste. I guess you used a transform shader and moved the PF vertically? Perhaps you can use the 4D animation of the PF as well to make the PF pattern change over time. Or slowly animate the Y axis as well.

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on August 09, 2018, 01:04:54 AM
Looks cool! The slow movement looks better to my taste. I guess you used a transform shader and moved the PF vertically? Perhaps you can use the 4D animation of the PF as well to make the PF pattern change over time. Or slowly animate the Y axis as well.

That's a good idea. I wonder if using a downward very slow movement on Y would give it a settling fog look. Really wish I could play around with animated things. Some of the animations in here are amazing. Even the tests.

luvsmuzik

Thanks guys! Nothing so complicated Hannes. It is a simple low level V3cloud, moving on the z axis. :)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on August 09, 2018, 09:09:07 AM
col stuff
Thanks bobbystahr!

Glued at 8fps now.
Added sun movement at frame 100, this is to 124. I will do this over when all 150 done with sun movement starting at frame 1 and not such a fast pace. I did 4 degree elevation every 10 frames, a little speedy!

Agura Nata

great stuff my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

luvsmuzik

Thank you Dragonfire! :)

Sun moves from 12 degrees elevation to 28 in  the last 40 frames...I will be fixing this and make the fog disappear in the next version. No, the deer is not animated. Keep?

Dune

DocCharly65

Nice! :)

rendering cloud and fog animations is my personal nightmare. Quite high render times :(

Dune

In a topview you could fake fog/lowcloud (moving) by moving a differently colored smoothing shader across.... maybe.

luvsmuzik

At this resolution, render time was just at 22 hours for 150 frames. I didn't really want an ultrafast time lapse type of video, so I slowed it down to a reasonable viewing detail.
I think my early foreground shadows are from the fog layer as they seem to move a little faster than the vegetation shadows. So...pretend the wind is blowing...haha

@DocCharly65.....Yes,, an approaching dust or rain storm across a prairie would be nice. When I can leave this unit alone for a year...I will do one. :)

I may do a walk around type later, but I need to fill up this scene quite a bit for that. :)

https://youtu.be/7c1wSfIEFn8