Trick? or Treat?

Started by Urantia Jerry, August 11, 2018, 09:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urantia Jerry

They told me not to go trick-or-treating up on the hill - alone...

The ghost is from Cyphyr's 'The Veil', the House was downloaded from a free place if I remember right.  I'm sorry I don't remember where.  The trees and thickets are the Generic Tree with the leaves removed.  The shrubs are Dune's.

Comments and Crits are welcome.  Thanks for looking.  -Jerry

masonspappy

Quote from: Urantia Jerry on August 11, 2018, 09:36:04 AM
the House was downloaded from a free place if I remember right.  I'm sorry I don't remember where.

Nice and spooky-cool.  :)
The house is from my "Hillside stairs image last year and downloadable from the free files section here.

WAS

Oh awesome! What a creepy fun scene. I love stuff like this. :D Halloween time was fun for me because of the spooky decorations and old shows. This definitely captures that feeling for me.

Urantia Jerry

bobbystahr

well done, nice usage of Richard's ghost...been meaning to try something with that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

cyphyr

Ooh nice to see the spirit again :)
Good work, maybe add some fog and haze in to give the image more depth, not too much mind.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

DocCharly65

Urantia Jerry

Yes - fog or haze seems like a good idea!  Seems weird to me I hadn't thought of it....

Thanks everybody for the comments and advice!

luvsmuzik

Love this too! If those windows are transparent, a strange little greenish glow inside would be spooky.... :)

Urantia Jerry

This is the latest iteration.  I love how the 'fog' worked out.  As for the green glow, I have been unable to make it look right, but I'm not giving up yet.

I also envision bats maybe flying in front of the moon, and maybe a black cat.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.  Many, many thanks, - Jerry

Dune

Fantastic! You could put a slightly glowing cat behind one of the windows. Fur with a little glow, eyes a little more.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2018, 01:50:03 AM
Fantastic! You could put a slightly glowing cat behind one of the windows. Fur with a little glow, eyes a little more.

Yep! Or just some glowing eyes...

Anyway cool render!

bobbystahr

Better still, I like the 'glowing eyes' idea..keep on tweakin
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Urantia Jerry

Thank you guys.  I'm grateful for your advice because I probably would have given up on this scene already without the added ideas.

The windows aren't transparent, that's why I couldn't get the green glow to look right, so I'm not sure how I would do the cat -or the eyes in the window. 
That having been said, I found some models online, and have added them to this version.

The cat is on one of the graves, the 'eyes' are simply light sources placed in the fog, and the bats are one model replicated many times. 

I needed something on the right side of the scene, and I'm not sure if i like the 'tree'...  The jury is still out.
Btw, the tree reminds me of Ripley's 'baby' in Alien 4 :-)

I'm thinking about some more 'eyes' in the distance...  And any other ideas again would be welcomed and appreciated.  -Jerry

luvsmuzik

That is just so good! Tree with skull formation such a nice touch.