Hole in the wall

Started by N-drju, August 13, 2018, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

It works for me. See this (quickly setup) example.

N-drju

Oh wow! Well done Ulco! I'll get my hands on it as soon as I get a chance.

As far as the population clustering and rotation is concerned, I forgot that you can set the rotation angle of pop objects via the object maker. ::) One does not need a cube foundation to do this...

Also, modifying the heading and elevation values in the object maker seems to resolve the "clustering" problem. But this is the first time I see such a strange behavior when populating...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

N-drju

I'm sorry. I just can't get it to work... While the .tgd file is pretty simple and works magic, when I try to translate it into my project, it barely hits the spot.

It seems that the solution is correct as some objects made it into the cave. But very few... The rest sit happily on the hill's side as before...

Please have a look at this demo and tell me what else is there. :-[

I use cyphyr's crystal #2 as an object.

EDIT: Gahhh! I forgot to change painted shader plane to "3D"! It does work! Wonderful!

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

N-drju

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 18, 2018, 08:44:40 AM
Can't wait to see this!  :)

You mean my cave image luvs? Don't want to bring you down, but I intend to keep it in my private collection. ;) And as a proof of concept of course.

BUT - I already have an idea for a similar setting that I wish to share here for the community's enjoyment.