First Project in T4

Started by Adions, August 13, 2018, 12:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adions

Hi there,
Some time ago, I worked with terragen 1. Terragen 4 was long time on my ,,to learn list". Hier is my first Test Project. I made some color and small adjustments in Photoshop. T4 is a beast, but I am starting to love it.

luvsmuzik

Excellent composition!
I really have no criticism, except to say, some of use add some translucency (pale pastel of leaf color) , a little specularity, and reduce the opacity mask to just above 0.5. We do this to mimic other texture techniiques found in other 3D software, that are not available in Terragen. See the Materials Library in File Sharing, esp. Hannes' material file share for metals, flesh, stone, wood....WASasquatch also has a current material file share in the works.
Ask a question in Discussion, as you did, and someone will give you help.
If I have not gone completely mad yet, you won't either! :)

WAS

Quote from: Adions on August 13, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
Hi there,
Some time ago, I worked with terragen 1. Terragen 4 was long time on my ,,to learn list". Hier is my first Test Project. I made some color and small adjustments in Photoshop. T4 is a beast, but I am starting to love it.

Lovely scene. Reminds me of Pixar and other animated movies. I've actually been working on some "Pixar" like clouds for awhile now using color schemes much like this. Still nothing worth sharing but it's a reoccurring project of mine.

Oshyan

That's quite beautiful! Well done.

- Oshyan

Dune

A very well executed scene. Great light and superb foliage and composition. Welcome, btw.

DocCharly65

Welcome :)
And congatulations to that great render! Very well done!

René

Very romantic and a great sense of depth. Kudos!

Hannes

Welcome to the forum!! That's quite a very good start!

masonspappy

LIke that. Has a small bit of pastel quality to it   

bobbystahr

Welcome indeed and a very encouraging first render...I love your veg distribution, very real world; and your scene palette is wonderful....keep em coming....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Welcome!
Hell of a start! Great render. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

ajcgi

Lovely stuff. Great attention to composition and colour palette.