Cross Country Rock

Started by KlausK, August 15, 2018, 11:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Hi
a little something with masks.
Normal, inverted, added and / or used for displacement. On top of that some lateral displacement.
The plants are from a very old 3D World Magazine.

C&C welcome and appreciated.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

bobbystahr

nice play around with masks to good effect. I really like 9 & 10
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice idea. I like the presence of stagnant water. Maybe some more grasses?

DocCharly65

Nice experiment :)

If you give a metallic look to that stone it would look like Meteorite impact.

KlausK

Thanks bobbystahr, Dune and DocCharly65.

I tried to change (hopefully enhance) the scenery accordding to your suggestions...
CHeers, Klaus

ps: the plants encircled red look a little like plastic, do they not? Would you change them?
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

DocCharly65

Like! :)

On my monitor I don't see plastic. I think they look like young and fresh grown because of the water collected under the meteorite...

bobbystahr

Agree w DocCharly65, they just look immature...nice changes, like them all.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

KlausK

Thank you both.

I added a few light sources in the water and a little bit of luminosity to the flowers.
The light sources are kinda hard to control. Not quite what I had in mind but...the effect should be a little more subtle.
CHeers, Klaus

DocCharly65

That's it, Klaus! For me now it's a Wow-picture :)

WAS

Quote from: KlausK on August 20, 2018, 04:14:38 PM
Thank you both.

I added a few light sources in the water and a little bit of luminosity to the flowers.
The light sources are kinda hard to control. Not quite what I had in mind but...the effect should be a little more subtle.
CHeers, Klaus

Definitely like this light effect. Makes it really intriguing. Fantasy like.

bobbystahr

Agree w the previous comments and will add; I love the Maxfield Parrish palette you've created overall. Right.On.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

KlausK

Thank you very much! I feel flattered ::)
CHeers, Klaus.

luvsmuzik

As with all of your work, very unique and dramatic. The changes make this image and the lighting so effective. Well done again.  :)

KlausK

@luvsmuzik: Thank you for that! You`re very kind.
CHeers, Klaus

Upon Infinity

Great image.  Yes, the blue light adds something. The large boulder in the middle, however, seems a tad dark though.  I feel like if I were photographing this image, I would wait until the clouds had moved a bit and then click the shutter.