Terragen Workshop on Sunday 9th September - Connect with other Terragen artists!

Started by Digital Art Live, August 15, 2018, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

The original intention was a sort of "artist showcase" where different TG artists could show something they had created or were working on, give tips, or ask questions. It turned out we had a majority of new/interested users there, so Paul asked me to do an impromptu demo of TG4, which I did (including an upcoming feature of 4.3, easy cloud animation). I think for experienced users it's probably not worth paying for the recording, but I do hope to do more of these events in the future, and they'll hopefully be better attended by experienced users who want to share. Doing this did show the broader interest from new users and suggest that having regular new user introductory sessions might be good, which could take care of that latent need and hopefully leave room for more in-depth sessions separately. It would be nice if people could pick the session they want to go to based on level of experience and knowledge, so nobody wastes too much time on introductory content they're already very familiar with.

- Oshyan

Digital Art Live

Thank you very much Oshyan for the impromptu demonstration and answering the questions we had during the session.
Thanks to Bobby Star for also being present and helping out in the chat.
Yes, I think it would be good to have a session targeted at more experienced users as well as a webinar session (perhaps on alternate occasions) that has focus for newer users/folks considering Terragen for the first time.
For the format of this particular type of webinar "a show and tell", it really all does depend on community members stepping forward willing to share their knowledge.
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

Digital Art Live

Thank you Bobby for helping out in the chat and assisting with some answers to questions. Much appreciated!
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 10, 2018, 02:51:34 AM
well that was fun!
Kind regards

Paul Bussey
Digital Art Live

www.digitalartlive.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Digital Art Live on September 10, 2018, 06:06:10 PM
Thank you Bobby for helping out in the chat and assisting with some answers to questions. Much appreciated!
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 10, 2018, 02:51:34 AM
well that was fun!

totally my pleasure,as an inveterate hippie I live to share.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You still have to count me out, though the idea is interesting. I only have a 32-bit XP machine for online stuff (so slow and old TG as well). Everything else is always offline.
Good to hear it was a success anyway.

But I'm still here.....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 11, 2018, 01:24:17 AM
You still have to count me out, though the idea is interesting. I only have a 32-bit XP machine for online stuff (so slow and old TG as well). Everything else is always offline.
Good to hear it was a success anyway.

But I'm still here.....

Same here well my online is a Win 10 but my workstation(when it's working) is Win 7. Guess I got lucky having a pro win 7 and wound up on the 10 full upgrade.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist