Brass Shaders - How do these look?

Started by WAS, August 15, 2018, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Think I'm almost done with these. Haven't had much time to work on stuff lately. Lots of stress going on.

Any suggestions or additional shader ideas?

Left to Right: Polished Brass, Matt Brass, Classic Corroded Brass, Polished Oxidized/Corroded Brass, Tarnished Brass, Matt Tarnished/Corroded Brass

Introducing the original bottom left material again, cause I like that as an ancient brass like material. Doing a render now. *Uploaded* Final position is on these so textures got shifted on a bottom row that was moved.

Available for download now: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24690.msg253619.html#msg253619

Agura Nata

Is great my friend, I will test if I have time :)
There is a lot to do in the garden, we can hardly do anything on the PC.
Is there also porcelain or wood as material?
"Live and Learn!"

WAS

Quote from: Dragonfire on August 21, 2018, 04:53:26 AM
Is great my friend, I will test if I have time :)
There is a lot to do in the garden, we can hardly do anything on the PC.
Is there also porcelain or wood as material?

Actually have a porcelain/ceramic I was working on with the volumetrics. I'll do some more work on it. Haven't tried wood grain yet though seems doable (in my head). Thanks for the idea. :)

I hope the gardening goes well, I really miss all my plants and garden.

Agura Nata

We now had a long heat wave in Bavaria, I could not remember that it was ever so hot.
Tomorrow the weather changes and there are bad weather, so I try to do a lot in the garden.

What's up with your garden my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

WAS

Quote from: Dragonfire on August 22, 2018, 01:05:41 PM
We now had a long heat wave in Bavaria, I could not remember that it was ever so hot.
Tomorrow the weather changes and there are bad weather, so I try to do a lot in the garden.

What's up with your garden my friend!

I unfortunately have gone through health problems and can't work like I used to, and while this was all happening our landlord decided to end our lease on us, which was highly unfortunate because we had rent at 845 USD a month, which was affordable. But while we lived there Washin gton states realty inflated over 100%. And simple 1 bedroom apartments went form 600 to 1400+ USD. A 2 bedroom like what we had for 845 were going for 1800+ (one we saw was almost 2,500 cause of area and amenities I guess). House (physical house not apartment) went up from a usual 1300 for a 3-4 bedroom to almost 3000.  All while everyone makes the same ages. It's just insanity. They just now raised minimum wage this year, which really has barely helped as per-usual all the complaining businesses just gamble with peoples work hours to get by full-time pay.

Agura Nata

That's awesome, that's usurious prices my friend.
I can understand that well, because I can not work for some time because of premature dementia. We now have to sue the pension in court but the bills for the house come every month.
I wish you strength and all the best!
Money does not necessarily make you happier, but life is a lot easier :)
"Live and Learn!"

WAS

Quote from: Dragonfire on August 22, 2018, 03:24:16 PM
That's awesome, that's usurious prices my friend.
I can understand that well, because I can not work for some time because of premature dementia. We now have to sue the pension in court but the bills for the house come every month.
I wish you strength and all the best!
Money does not necessarily make you happier, but life is a lot easier :)

I wish you all the best too. And no money most certainly doesn't, but it does help with unfortunately with necessities.

DocCharly65

I like the last 4 most! Cool surfaces!