All Terragen shaders and functions

Started by james adamson, December 31, 2019, 05:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james adamson

Is there a repository for a detailed description of each of Terragen's shaders and functions. I would like to print out if possible a single document so I can refer back to it.
Also how would I go about adding more detail to a specific small section of rock in a scene.
Thanks in advance.
James.

N-drju

This has been a recurring topic throughout the years and no - there is not a single "manual" or "compilation" of TG nodes and functions.

The TG Wiki should be a good resource, but it also has many, many holes. Still, it is very helpful, even in its incomplete state.

Functions, only recently have started being explained with Hetzen's (Jon's) contribution. If you are interested, you should jump in the relevant forum section found at the bottom of the general page.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hetzen

If you click on the '?' button inside each node, it will launch the TG wiki explanation as it is. There are some gaps and I'm trying to go through all functions with illustrations on how they work, but there are over 200, so it will take some time.

Best way of learning this stuff is by playing around and asking questions. I think printing it all out will be a waste of paper.

WAS

Quote from: James Adamson on December 31, 2019, 11:19:39 AMThanks very much. I had not noticed the big question mark.  :o
Have great new years eve.

It honestly took me accidentally hitting keyboard shortcuts that launched the ? button (all the time xD) to realize it was there. Lol

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.