Untitled.tgd_bak

Started by WAS, August 21, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

For the sake of all that is holy. This would be an amazing feature. Store it in TG cache or something and TG could ask if you want to recover. Sometimes I forget that I haven't even saved a new starting project when just doing something as simple as a material example, just to have TG crash when rearranging object nodes... of all thing (ugh). Seems the backup system is there for saved projects, would seem appropriate to extend that to unsaved projects like other programs.

Oh yeah.. Terragen saves really slow. I suppose the XML builder.

N-drju

Quote from: WASasquatch on August 21, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

How come? It always saves all my projects in a blink of an eye. Be it just plain terrain or a huge environment. :)

But yes, some sort of backup or autosave system could certainly be useful. I myself have also learned some painful lessons when not saving...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Quote from: N-drju on August 22, 2018, 02:19:38 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on August 21, 2018, 09:58:56 PM

How come? It always saves all my projects in a blink of an eye. Be it just plain terrain or a huge environment. :)

But yes, some sort of backup or autosave system could certainly be useful. I myself have also learned some painful lessons when not saving...

It usually does for me as well, but as reported, it occasionally just locks up for a long while, particularly first save (happens way to often there).

Additionally the same freeze happens occasionally when opening TGD, or TGC XML