Versions?

Started by raymoh, August 26, 2018, 07:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

A simple question from pure curiosity: Some weeks ago I received an update to version 4.2.10, which I installed. Now I noticed, that version 4.1.25 is the "latest" release. What are the differences between the two "versions"? It seems, that PixelPlow supports (only) the "official" version 4.1.25. Have I missed something?
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Oshyan

4.2.10 is the "latest" release. Where did you see that 4.1.25 is the latest?

You can find a full change log for 4.2 vs. 4.1 here, as linked to from the front of our website: https://planetside.co.uk/change-logs/terragen-4-2-10-release-change-log/

PixelPlow updates their versions on their own schedule. Usually they are up-to-date, but not always. They should be up to 4.2 soon if not already.

- Oshyan

raymoh

"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

Oshyan

That page is dynamically generated based on what version you are currently running, among other things. But I will have Matt check and see if it is working correctly and is fully updated.

- Oshyan

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

4.1.25 is what came up for me too even though I have Terragen 4.2 installed.  Strange..

Derek

Matt

That page only shows versions up to 4.1. If your maintenance includes 4.2 then the update checker should send you to a different page. In fact, that URL is no longer used by any version, so it'll be removed soon.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.