Realflow

Started by Dune, September 05, 2018, 08:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Anyone using Realflow (2015) and able to tell me how I can export an obj? The only extensions (even from imported obj) I see are .sd. abc and .ass (or something). I imported a statue (obj), assaulted it using fragmentation with a bullet, and hoped to export the fragments like it's possible in Lightwave.
I did find another way; export as .abc (alembic), import in Lighwave Layout, and export from there as .dae (collada), then import in LW or Poseray to make an obj. But UV is lost anyway.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 05, 2018, 08:34:16 AM
Anyone using Realflow (2015) and able to tell me how I can export an obj? The only extensions (even from imported obj) I see are .sd. abc and .ass (or something). I imported a statue (obj), assaulted it using fragmentation with a bullet, and hoped to export the fragments like it's possible in Lightwave.
I did find another way; export as .abc (alembic), import in Lighwave Layout, and export from there as .dae (collada), then import in LW or Poseray to make an obj. But UV is lost anyway.

Could you rebuild UV in Blender and export as obj?

Dune

I can rebuild UV in Lightwave or Poseray, or ZBrush, but I want to keep UV's and export directly from RF, instead of this long way around.

WAS

I found this post on Independent Realflow forums: http://www.realflowforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3270

QuoteI just got caught out on this one too, click the little cross below MESHES, and you'll find a tick box for obj and lwo.

Cheers

morgs88

http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=30048433

Dune

Thansk, WAS, didn't find that one, though I think I checked all those boxes. I'll have a look again.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2018, 02:59:29 AM
Thansk, WAS, didn't find that one, though I think I checked all those boxes. I'll have a look again.
yeah it looks like it's part of the main tree and wouldn't need to drop down that far but maybe it triggers with a other drop-down tree?

digitalguru

it's been a while since I used Realflow, but usually, you export animated objects (especially dynamics objects) as an sd file.

I don't use Lightwave but there is a RF Connect Plugin (if you don't already have this) that will load the sd.

I believe RF names the exported sd as "animation.sd" as a single file.

abc files are Alembic and ass files are Arnold stand ins - both should store uvs if they are present in the original uv mesh

Dune

Thanks! I have to hunt for the plugin then.

digitalguru

The plugin is free - I think you just have to register on the Realflow website to download it.

Dune