and again

Started by bobbystahr, September 06, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well my morning door check revealed an open front gate; 5 days after the invasion they came back while i slept soundly(didn't hear a thing)and broke a file trying to get in my back door. Glad they didn't have a crowbar. Do I need an armed security guard...feeling very much a vulnerable senior right now.

And as y'all can well imagine I'm getting no TG work done as I'm a bundle of nerves...Off to get new ID today.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Wow what the heck!?? This guy needs to be found. By chance do you or friends have any old Android cell phones? They can be converted to a USB/WiFi security camera and record with motion or all the time if there is space

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

What the heck!  Maybe get yourself a stun g u n just in case.  They are pretty loud and powerful and lots of them are only about $25.  I hope they catch that bad guy.

Derek

masonspappy

Bobby, you need a grumpy dog

Dune

Terrible! You need a sign outside your door: "It's all been stolen already, piss off." Good locks are important, but they are bloody expensive too. Dog is a good idea, if you like dogs and have time for them.

ajcgi

:( Ah man. It's the few idiots that let the rest of us down. Hang in there Bobby.

bobbystahr

thanks every one...it's my nerves that are taking the worse of it, at nearly 70 I  ain't as able to defend my life/property, but having good friends makes a difference as one of the aforementioned came in from out of town to stay at my place with me and I was able to sleep last night. Off to the chiro now and maybe I'll feel much better after he removes the stress from my spine.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Let's hope so! A dog is the best solution apart from a shotgun!

j meyer

Now would you believe that!
Best wishes my friend.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on September 07, 2018, 01:26:12 PM
Now would you believe that!
Best wishes my friend.

Thanks for your concern Jochen...I'm adapting and considering a large lock able gun cabinet for the expensive / irreplaceable guitars and if I have to go out of town for any reason I have a couple of different house sitters available....getting a bit paranoid living in the hood I grew up in....wasn't like this then by a long shot.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 07, 2018, 02:28:53 PM
....getting a bit paranoid living in the hood I grew up in....wasn't like this then by a long shot.

I can relate to this. I grew up in Mill Creek WA, which was a very quaint quiet unincorporated town, now it's so developed it's not even funny, and used a ritzy part of town, while the old apartments and suburbs still remain packed between the new, and these people are just bitter. Crime, theft, and now even gangs. Really sad. This is why I like living up in northern state, it's still not as developed as it is closer to the Seattle region which is just taking over.

I still advise trying to do some sort of security system. This is how I was able to put the guys away that robbed me. They didn't even take note of the cellphone taped in the window, or the other setup on my desk. I had them set to record when there was motion.

The kicker, the cellphone in the window turned it light on and got a great face shot, but they still broke in?? How stupid can you be? These people aren't often the brightest apparently.

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on September 07, 2018, 03:28:16 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on September 07, 2018, 02:28:53 PM
....getting a bit paranoid living in the hood I grew up in....wasn't like this then by a long shot.
These people aren't often the brightest apparently.

I concur  as the 2nd attempt they tried to jimmy the door with a fine rasp file which immediately broke....thankfully.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I know my door security works but when I opened the curtains on my kitchen (at 6:30 A M) and looked out I see a cardboard box that my old silk screens were in lying spread out over the grass screens still there....and the shed door open. They took my lawn mower as it was the only thing not locked to everything else, like 3 bikes locked together. They turned my garbage bin on it's side to scale my fence... Those need to be inside the fence now it seems....
Guessing I need an overnight security guard or a motion detector controlled machine gun!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Bobby you need to get yourself a dog. For my money they're better than any burglar alarm

luvsmuzik

Speechless.....please do something to insure your safety.