and again

Started by bobbystahr, September 06, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well they are persistent, though I don't think the same crew.This morning about 3:30 A M, still awake on adrenaline I was paranoidly monitoring both gates front and back  hourly and looking out the kitchen window I see 2 blackhoodie clad individuals on my porch trying to liberate my well locked mountain bike so I knocked on the window quite loudly and the pissants, two of them, took off between the houses and out the front gate. Gotta wonder why they didn't go to the back gate as they'd bolt cuttered my new padlock. Minor victory #1. Then looking at my bike I noticed they'd got the front wheel unlocked from the rail so I zipped in and got the one spare key they didn't get in the first break in when they took every key they saw, and brought my bike indoors. The only reason it was still out there was they stole the front lock key and I had no spare. so small victory#2. Still waiting for the city police officer they promised yesterday at noon that would come by and make an incident report....still waiting....just what it's like living in the war zone here in Winnipeg. They may well have been chasing down a guy who stabbed a guard dog, in the face, fortunately only expensive for the owners not fatal for the dog.
Good news is a friend from out west sent me an e mail that an outdoor security camera will arrive from Amazon in the next short while.
So things ain't all bad...at least I'm finding senior support amongst my younger friends while being gang abused by I'm thinking teen-gang members. To top it all off I'd been feeling more secure as we had a tree toppling thunder storm with heavy rain going off and on...this was in a short break in rain so I think they may be living on my street.
Not asking for sympathy but more just keeping a record of these events online so if something untowards happens to me there'll be a record..I am nearly 70 and though my heart hasn't presented as problematic who knows....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 13, 2018, 11:16:06 AM
Well they are persistent, though I don't think the same crew.This morning about 3:30 A M, still awake on adrenaline I was paranoidly monitoring both gates front and back  hourly and looking out the kitchen window I see 2 blackhoodie clad individuals on my porch trying to liberate my well locked mountain bike so I knocked on the window quite loudly and the pissants, two of them, took off between the houses and out the front gate. Gotta wonder why they didn't go to the back gate as they'd bolt cuttered my new padlock. Minor victory #1. Then looking at my bike I noticed they'd got the front wheel unlocked from the rail so I zipped in and got the one spare key they didn't get in the first break in when they took every key they saw, and brought my bike indoors. The only reason it was still out there was they stole the front lock key and I had no spare. so small victory#2. Still waiting for the city police officer they promised yesterday at noon that would come by and make an incident report....still waiting....just what it's like living in the war zone here in Winnipeg. They may well have been chasing down a guy who stabbed a guard dog, in the face, fortunately only expensive for the owners not fatal for the dog.
Good news is a friend from out west sent me an e mail that an outdoor security camera will arrive from Amazon in the next short while.
So things ain't all bad...at least I'm finding senior support amongst my younger friends while being gang abused by I'm thinking teen-gang members. To top it all off I'd been feeling more secure as we had a tree toppling thunder storm with heavy rain going off and on...this was in a short break in rain so I think they may be living on my street.
Not asking for sympathy but more just keeping a record of these events online so if something untowards happens to me there'll be a record..I am nearly 70 and though my heart hasn't presented as problematic who knows....

This still just really irks me. Repeated burglary attempts like this, and I doubt you're the only one, and they still haven't been caught.

Dune

When this happens to you, you want to do something nasty to them, like a bear trap, or someone poisonous on the door handle..... I certainly hope you can handle this, Bobby! Mentally I mean, not the traps and poison  :P

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on September 14, 2018, 01:24:55 AM
When this happens to you, you want to do something nasty to them, like a bear trap, or someone poisonous on the door handle..... I certainly hope you can handle this, Bobby! Mentally I mean, not the traps and poison  :P

Echo (though I think a small trap and a little poision could be ok ;) )

bobbystahr

Well they really don't give up, came home from the chiro on Wed at noon and they'd ripped the door off the shed, taken the 2 parts bikes and were gonna get  the 1 with no wheels but it was layin on the lawn and a big friggin Indigenous dude was standing in the shed so I told him to beat it when he said "my bad'. I suspect he was cutting thru the yard and say the dead bike on the lawn and the open shed and wasn't part of the wrecking crew. They also tried to jimmy my door and window but those have once again proved secure. This was between 10 and Noon...I'm at the point where I won't go out without a house sitter...Pray for me as I'm feeling negatively murderous....don't wanna go to jail but I will kill whoever I catch. So this is why my forum input has dropped off...gotta build a 6'6" wall(all that's allowed by zoning) so I guess I have to set up a gofundme page as it's gonna run 2-3 thousand for a wall to keep them out. And as there's 10' of my 80+ yr old neighbours yard that needs the same treatment or they can just enter my yard from his by the side fence which I'd like to avoid building based on the expense more than anything.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Awfull, Bobby! They are very persistent indeed. And for what? Bike parts  ??? Maybe a sign saying "this area is boobytrapped" will help. Really feel sorry for you, man. Move to a nicer neighbourhood!

luvsmuzik

What a bummer. I am praying that you don't get hurt and for a solution. These jerks are obviously desperate for cash to blow, no respect. I remember this is your homestead and what a shame to have to leave. Please be careful!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 23, 2018, 02:00:04 AM
Awfull, Bobby! They are very persistent indeed. And for what? Bike parts  ??? Maybe a sign saying "this area is boobytrapped" will help. Really feel sorry for you, man. Move to a nicer neighbourhood!

Dune and Luvs...well I have no option to sell up and move as the sale of this place would only afford me a dwelling in an equally bad hood so the wall will have to do it. Thinking of a MTS phone system alarm, monitored and notifies the Police...who rarely respond here I've heard but I can but try. At 70 I have no desire to start paying a mortgage so I stay...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Gnarf, these bastards...
Hope you'll get rid of that problem real soon.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on September 23, 2018, 12:36:19 PM
Gnarf, these bastards...
Hope you'll get rid of that problem real soon.

grrr, me too, thanks man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

jaf

Have you been making police reports?  If you have, by now, I would think they would make some effort -- maybe post someone undercover to catch these guys.  Sometimes it takes going to the media (TV, newspaper,etc.) to get some action, though it also can turn into a challenge to the bad guys.  Tough situation. 
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

bobbystahr

Quote from: jaf on September 23, 2018, 01:12:58 PM
Have you been making police reports?  If you have, by now, I would think they would make some effort -- maybe post someone undercover to catch these guys.  Sometimes it takes going to the media (TV, newspaper,etc.) to get some action, though it also can turn into a challenge to the bad guys.  Tough situation. 

We have an insane meth crisis here and the police are so overextended even the online reporting gets jammed up. meth is so easy to make and cheep to sell that soon most of the Indigenous street people( by far a majority) will be dead or psychotic from it...it's a scary time in Winnipeg.
and as they are largely welfare recipients when that runs out scrap metal seems the main target of back lane thieves...the break in to my house was a major lapse in my security as I know there's a meth house 5 houses north of mine and as much as anything a crime of opportunity, the first time. Having all my keys from my classic error in judgement they came back 3 times and only got my 15 year old lawn mower and 2 parts bikes...all scrapable with no questions asked once stripped down to the frames.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New